z

Young Writers Society

Movie Review Contest

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:22 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Do you like watching movies? Do you like writing? Do you like voicing your opinions? Then come and enter this Movie Review Contest!

If you are a member of the Movie Buffs Club then you may have heard talk of a contest to be hosted involving movies, however I'd like to open this out to the whole of YWS. What I'd like you to do is write a movie review on any movie you'd like to write about. You can submit it into the Media Reviews forum, or if you'd like to get some reviews on your review first, you can submit it to the Other section in the Literary Area. You can redraft and get as many reviews as you like on it, but the deadline is the 15th of February and I'd like your entries via PM.

Your entries will be judged by anonymous judges, including myself and results will be posted a few days after the deadline (depending on how many entries there are to read).

PRIZES:
1st Place- 2500 points, three reviews of your choice, and a gift.
2nd Place- 1000 points, two reviews of your choice, and a gift.
3rd Place- 750 points, two reviews of your choice, and a gift.

Everyone who participates will get a gift too.

If you're interested in this please let me know by either PM, or reply on this thread.

Happy Reviewing!
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:32 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Sure, I'd definately be up for this.

2nd Place- 100 points, two reviews of your choice, and a gift.
3rd Place- 750 points, two reviews of your choice, and a gift.

Seems to be quite the disadvantage to end up in 2nd place, rather then 3rd though ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

532 Reviews

Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:37 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

@Birkhoff oops that was meant to be 1000 points! Thanks for pointing that out :)
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:41 am
Sylar says...

Awesomeee!!!!! I have to do this! Wait, just a question, we can do any film, from any year?
A SURPRISE PARTY

FOR ME

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-6cunaBd7A)

532 Reviews

Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:19 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

@icannothearthings sorry for the late reply to this! Yes, you can do any film you like :)

I AM NOT GOING "FULL COW" ON SOMEBODYYYYYY
— whatchamacallit