z

Young Writers Society

Song Short Stories!

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:21 pm
View Likes
SushiSashimi333 says...

Okay, so I was listening to some songs and thinking how nice a story would be if it were made with the song in mind. Then since I can't write all that, I thought, what if I held a contest!
How to enter: Just post here telling me if you want to or not ^_^
How it works: I will give you a song to write a short story too. It will be a lyric video from youtube so I want you to give your short story meaning that kind of follows the gist of what the songs saying. You can also say what the song means to you through your story, if you feel sad or melancholy or whatnot. You can request a genre of music or an artist if you like, because I really don't want you writing to a song you absolutely hate O_O That would be cruel and unusual punishment.
Rules: You cannot work with anyone else unless you enter the contest together or receive aid from another member.
Do your best at grammar and originality of your story or else points will be deducted
Just post the work in your portfolio and PM me the link. I will then review it and tell you your points earned.
What's in it for you:
Gold medal - you may chose anything you want from the list at the bottom.
silver medal - 2 reviews of your choice or however many points you want under 500 (I don't want to give you a life time supply or more than I have)
bronze medal - a gift, 300 points, or 1 review
This is where you try to beat yourself. So no matter what everyone wins and you get an automatic review from me ^_^ Also this way people can have enough time. This will last until I mark it as locked which will be a while O_O XD Take as long as you like.
List of prizes:
1. write a collaborative short story with me
2. 2-4 choice reviews
3. 500 points
4. anything you can think of that doesn't break the rules and that I'm willing to participate in.
Last edited by SushiSashimi333 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sushi

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110

229 Reviews

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 pm
SushiSashimi333 says...

@HighTop - Awesome sauce! So here is your song How to Save a Life by The Fray. I look forward to seeing what you write! If you don't want this song then feel free to ask me to change it ^_^
Last edited by SushiSashimi333 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sushi

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:35 am
View Likes
FatCowsSis says...

I'm in...I just don't want a song with cussing or inapropriate stuff....I also might kill you with questions by PM.....
1. Where do we submit it? Here?
Thanks xd!
-FCS
What do you call a cow with no legs?
Spoiler! :
Ground Beef

229 Reviews

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:08 am
SushiSashimi333 says...

@FatCowsSis - Sure thing about the cussing ^_^ I prefer not to listen to songs that cuss so much your ears bleed. I think I found a nice soft one for you with no cussing. Also to submit just publish it on YWS and as for getting me the link that's up to you ^_^
Your song is Mad World by Gary Jules. If you don't like it feel free to ask for another :D
Sushi

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:28 am
View Likes
SecreteJournalist says...

Just saying, Mad World is a wonderful song (: If I wasnt as busy as I am, I would totally do it, but I guess ill just read peoples short stories in my sparce free time :3
"I write for fear of silence." Apartment - Young The Giant

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:35 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

I want to be in, no cussing please. :) This sounds fun!
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:22 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

I am in
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

229 Reviews

Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:24 pm
SushiSashimi333 says...

@GriffinClaw - You're song is Monster by Skillet. The music video is shifty but it has a point in the end, also there is no cussing! ^_^
@ERZA - You're song is Yellow by Coldplay. There isn't any cussing here either just in case you were wondering.
If either of you wants a different one feel free to ask.
Sushi

347 Reviews

Reviews: 347
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:10 pm
View Likes
OliveDreams says...

I'm so in Sushi! Anything romantic please :) I love the slush x
"There is a dead spot in the night, that coldest, blackest time when the world has forgotten evening and dawn is not yet a promise."

229 Reviews

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:38 pm
View Likes
SushiSashimi333 says...

@OliveDreams - I'm not sure if this is romantic, but it sure does have that sound to it ^_^ it's called The A-Team by Ed Sheeran. If you don't like it feel free to request another, I just felt that this fit that sound most and had deep meaning :D Hope you like it too.
Sushi

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:20 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I'd love to take part. I'm happy with any song.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

interested. :3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:53 pm
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

Count me in!
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

229 Reviews

Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:32 pm
SushiSashimi333 says...

@TriSARAHtops - your song is When You Were Young by the Killers.
@Iggy - your song is Let Her Go by Passenger.
@AfterTheStorm - your song is Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park.
If you aren't happy with your song feel free to request another ^_^ Happy writing!
Sushi

I think that was when I began to realize that reputation isn't everything. I should focus less about how others perceive me and more about what makes me happy. Because, in the end, I have to live with myself.
— Seraphina