z

Young Writers Society

Community Poetry Journal Banner Contest

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:58 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

Hello all! Remember our Community Poetry Journal? I'm holding a contest to create a banner for the club wall.

The banner needs to be:
- family friendly
- coloured with something easy on the eyes (i.e. no bright neon or strobe light energy, no matter how tempting it gets!)
- in the size 1333 pixels (horizontal) x 187 pixels (vertical) or similar (otherwise it will get distorted when put in the club banner slot)
- related to poetry, community, journals, and preferably all three c:

Rules:
- no plagiarism (e.g. no copying a whole banner off the Internet and presenting it as your own work); using images from free-to-use selecions of photos such as Pexels and Pixabay are fine, so long as you add your own creative twist!
- please submit before the due date~

Prizes:
- 1st place will have your banner on the club wall, 100 points and a review from me on one literary work of your choice
- 2nd place will have 100 points
- 3rd place will have 75 points

Submissions open until:
25th December 2021

Good luck, and have fun!

P.S. While you're here, and if you've yet to subscribe to the club, why not give it a try? Share some of your favourite poems with us (though remember to read the rules on the About page) and ramble about them!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:21 am
View Likes
ForeverYoung299 says...

My banners are perfectly crazy and disorganized but here you go! I hope the sizes are okay:D

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:02 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

(also hoping the sizes are okay for these - I based the first entry a little bit off of the color themes of the current avvie for the club + the idea of everyone writing it together, and then the second two I used some dried-flower pictures I found because I thought it went with the idea of preserving / sharing like we do with poetry) :] Thanks for hosting the contest Lim!

you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss