z

Young Writers Society

Review Fiend's Favorite Songs!

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Yo folks! This is super simple; I give you a song I like, you write a detailed review of it. Like a magazine review. To join, post below and I will give you a song. You can submit three different entrys, each one on a separate song. Should someone enter multiple times they get a max of one spot of 1st 2nd or 3rd.

Mechanically this is how it will work, in easy to understand bullet points.
-Request to join by posting on this forum. You may wish to include some favorite types or genres, but don't expect to get them.
-I say yes (unless you have already entered three times) and give you a title and artist, and a YouTube link. Some songs are harder to review than others, so I shall take that into consideration when judging. Some are barely songs at all, but I will ensure there are some words somewhere in it.
-You review this (not like a YWS review, like a review critics write in newspapers) and PM it to me with "review fiend's favorite songs" as the subject ti title
-You may repeat the above steps up to 3 times.
-After the deadline I shall except no more requests and judge and give out prizes and honourable mentions.

Deadline May 1st.

Prizes
1st 1000 points
2nd 500 points
3rd 250 points.
My music will not be rude and will be reasonably light hearted.
Post below! :-)
Last edited by TakeThatYouFiend on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 pm
Magenta says...

When you say a "review", what do you mean by that? What if we don'y know the song? If you can answer both of these questions, then yes, I wouldn't mind entering your little contest. ;)
Spoiler! :
It's a tiny little mystery, that makes no sense to me...

433 Reviews

Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:24 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@Magenta the review is like a song review in a magazine, not like a review you would write on YWS. You could post a review like a magazine review on YWS as a literary work. English teachers like making you analyze them. Know what I mean?
I will give you a you tube link if you wish to join. Or if you tube won't work for you I shall give you title and author to hopefully discover yourself.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:24 pm
Magenta says...

Thank you. I'll think about it. :P
Spoiler! :
It's a tiny little mystery, that makes no sense to me...

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:45 am
Evander says...

This sounds interesting. Can I join?
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:23 am
TheWeather says...

Where do we submit the review to, on this forum or..?

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:00 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Of course you may @RavenMoonStone your song is My Pink Half Of The Drainpipe by The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band! Just PM me with your entery and put "review fiend's favorite songs" for the subject title of said PM. :-)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AI-9WH4Z4gY#
@TheWeather I think that answers your question. Do you want a song also?

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:10 pm
deleted5 says...

Yeah I'll join :D
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:03 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@AlexSushiDog I don't know what your song is called. It is by Stilgoe And Skellern and is patriotic. Unfortunately the only version on YouTube is in their entire concert, so it is a few minutes in (between 10 and 20 I think) and the first words are "They build a tunnel underneath the sea".
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Vc0lOV6Iw#
Enjoy!

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:38 pm
TheWeather says...

What's my song?

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:55 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@TheWeather for you I have my favorite love song, Early Morning Train bt the bonzo dog doo dah band. Bear in mind this is there reunion album; these guys are in their 80s.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VY_ZZfe_sc#

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:05 pm
deleted5 says...

Submitted!
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:50 pm
Evander says...

@TakeThatTouFiend
I finished.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:44 pm
QuantumDice says...

Might I have a go, oh dark one?
Captain Carne: What are they?
The Minister of Chance: Quantum dice. The sort of thing the other children played with while you were being harshly potty-trained.
-Colin Meek, Death Comes to Time

433 Reviews

Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:50 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Indeed @QuantumDice your song is particularly difficult. Trouser Freak by The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band. Should you wish I shall Bluetooth it to you, oh brother of mine.

It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman