z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:02 am
niteowl says...

Thanks for checking Nate! Yeah, if I navigate away from YWS but don't log out, less then 10 minutes later I'm logged out.

I have no idea what could be causing this. I don't have any new apps and I checked the cookie settings (they're different in iOS 7 than that link). It must be something with my phone.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:39 pm
crossroads says...

I realised I'm not getting notifications for clubs. That is, I don't get a notification when someone comments on something I wrote on a club's wall.. so far, it's so with clubs regardless if they're open or closed.

Chrome, iPad (or iPhone on occasions). I admit I lost track of which verison I'm using, but I can check if needed xP

It's not that much of a problem, I check clubs for responses and posts anyway, but just thought of letting you know c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:07 pm
Nate says...

Aria, are you subscribed to the clubs you are posting to? If you're not subscribed to the club, you won't receive notifications even to your own comments posted there. (admittedly, it shouldn't work this way, but there are difficulties with coding it to make it work this way)

If you are subscribed, I'll dig through and see what's going on.

Thanks for reporting it!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:57 pm
crossroads says...

Yep, I'm subscribed to them (hence I know it's happening with closed/hidden clubs as well).. I didn't know that about notifications for posts in clubs I'm not subscribed to, though, so thanks for the info ^^

Thanks for looking into it as well, of course :)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:07 am
Nate says...

I'll check it out and see what's going on. Thanks again Aria for reporting it :)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:55 am
Auxiira says...

Hai! I've noticed that I can't reply to anything of @fortis posts on my wall, or on my works. Um, school computer(Mozilla), home laptop (windows vista/chrome), and iPod (iOS 6)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am
Nate says...

That's quite odd. Is it just to posts made by Fortis, or is it to all posts?

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:07 pm
Blackwood says...

Umm this isn't really a 'site' bug, but I received a very very strange email from YWS and it wasn't even to the email address that I signed up with which makes it even weirder.
Shall I put the details here or send them or nothing?
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

425 Reviews

Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:52 pm
Nate says...

Hey Blackwood, can you forward the email to me at nate@youngwriterssociety.com?

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:32 pm
Blackwood says...

Nate wrote:Hey Blackwood, can you forward the email to me at nate@youngwriterssociety.com?

Ok well I logged onto a different device and it seems the weirdness must have just been an error with coding display and it looks normal now. I still find it scary that it got sent to my other email address. Maybe I signed up ages ago to another account that I forgot about perhaps.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 pm
Gravity says...

I have drafts in my publishing center that I can't delete. I use google chrome and I have a chrome book, so I can't use any other browser. When I click settings and go to "manage drafts" The page says I have no saved drafts. But again, I have drafts in my publishing system. I want to delete these drafts but I can't. Help please? lol.
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 pm
Auxiira says...

Yes, it's just with fortis. I find it really strange as well...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:35 am
Nate says...

@Auxiira ->> Weird. It's probably just a momentary error, but if it continues, let me know and I'll look deeper into it.

@defyingravity01 ->> Thanks for bringing that up. It's not so much a bug as it is just poor user experience design on my part!

When you go to Settings, the manage drafts you see there are from forum posts that you saved as drafts. So any literary work drafts won't show up there.

Under the Publishing Center, you can't delete drafts owing to how YWS has historically treated literary works; that is, you can't delete a literary work (although you can remove all the text from it). There's a few reasons for this, but since you can't delete literary works, you can't delete drafts either.

However, you're the second person to bring this to my attention in as many days, so I'm going to find a better solution to this problem.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:29 am
Gravity says...

Thanks, Nate. Stay awesome :)
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:23 pm
Messenger says...

Hi Nate. I am having notification problems. This doesn't happen every time, but recently I have randomly been receiving 2-6 notifications that someone has replied to my wall. I click on them but there is only ever one message. It's like receiving six notifications for the same thing.

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant