Report a site bug

16 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 16

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:03 am
Auxiira says...

Hey Nate! I was trying to go through the posts for the #15in15 and whenever I tried to go to the next page, it would bring me to that page on the main People tab.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:06 am
KingLucifer says...

I can't seem to get on here via my PC but I'm able to from mobile, every time I try to load YWS on my PC I get the site is unavailable.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:32 am
Nate says...

@Avalon ->> It sounds like YWS is being blocked by your network. If you send me a PM or an email at nate@youngwriterssociety.com with your computer's IP address, it'll allow me to look in the server logs to see what's happening. You can get it by just googling ip address.

425 Reviews

Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:10 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I've fixed the issue reported by @Auxiira regarding browsing hashtags. Now when you go to the next page of hashtag results, it'll actually show the next page of hashtag results.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to fix the other issues. Whatever fix I apply ends up introducing other problems.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:14 am
Rydia says...

AnnieBauthor has been unable to access YWS when using Google Chrome since yesterday.

Whenever she tries to open it up, she gets a page that says-

'This webpage is unavailable. The web page at https://youngwriterssociety.com/
might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new address.
Error code- ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH'

I'll ask Annie to respond below/ edit this post when I know what version she is on and which operating system she uses.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:56 am
SirenCymbaline says...

I am using Windows XP version 5.1 and I think my Chrome version is 39.0.2171.95
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:30 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

I am having technical problem with writers feed pad.Whenever I want to write a ' apostrophe to a word didn't, wouldn't, can't, etc. The apostrophe with the letter after it always skip down to the next line automatically and I currently can't use apostrophes.I know that one of my friends have had this problem.It would if you could that Nate and get back to us.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

425 Reviews

Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:31 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@AnnieBauthor ->> Try opening your browser in incognito mode and see if you can access YWS then. If that works, then the issue is with the cache in your browser, which you can try to clear by going to YWS and forcing a recache by pressing ctrl + F5.

If that doesn't work, another thing to try is to clear the browser cache by going to the Chrome menu ->> More Tools ->> Clear browsing data. The only checkboxes that you need to mark are "cached images and files" and "clear cookies and other site data." Be sure to select "from the beginning of time" as well. However, that will also log you out of any sites you are currently logged into, which can be annoying.

On the other hand, if the site is still unavailable in incognito mode, then the problem is more likely with something in your operating system. If you're running any antivirus programs, try temporarily disabling them and then visit YWS. If YWS loads after disabling the antivirus program, make sure your antivirus is fully updated.

@pretzelsing ->> Sorry, but I can't help you. Since adding an apostrophe causes WFP to add a newline, I'm guessing you're typing using a touch screen keyboard. If that's the case, then the problem lies with the device you're using -- it's a common problem with touch screen keyboards across a variety of programs. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure your programs are all up to date.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:50 am
RacheDrache says...

I've been unable to use the chat bar lately.... I'll try clearing my browsing data to see if that helps.

I use Chrome, whatever the latest version is.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:24 pm
Nate says...

@RacheDrache ->> When did the problem begin happening, and is this on a computer or mobile device? One thing to check is to make sure your browser's zoom is set to normal (hit ctrl + 0 to reset the zoom). For some reason, zooming in or out causes the chat bar to behavior erractically.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:42 pm
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

It started happening in the last few days... I thought it was perhaps the username change, but now I'm thinking it might have to do with me being too lazy to plug in my external mouse. Thereby enabling my palms to do wonky things to the zoom. Thereby making the chatbar behave erratically.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 pm
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

I'm not sure if this is just a problem I'm encountering, but I can't enter chat room. Whenever I try, it gets stuck on the "Connecting..." screen. I'm not sure if it's my internet either since I can use the other parts of the site just fine.
Not anymore.

425 Reviews

Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:43 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks for letting me know @EscaSkye. It should be working fine now.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:52 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Hey Nate!

In the main storybook forum, on the sidebar of 'New Posts' everything but the actual SB posts are coming up. I think it may be the same in 'Hot Topics' but not sure.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
— Groucho Marx