z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:47 pm
Holysocks says...

There also seems to be a random number for the point count of each team that's above every page (it's rather low compared to the stats). Maybe that has something to do with why people are getting points randomly.
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:52 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The exponential point count bug should be fixed, but if anyone still has the incorrect number of points, just let me know.

@Holysocks ->> The number you see at top is the per capita points for each team. Since the team counts are uneven, it's going by the (number of points total) / (number of team members).

494 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:23 pm
Holysocks says...

Hmm, okay. It still doesn't seem to make sense though: team instinct has something like 5969 points total, but at the top for the same team it says 206 points. Maybe I'm missing something!
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:27 pm
Nate says...

@Holysocks ->> Aye. Team Instinct currently has 5,969 points and 29 members. That gives it a per capita score of 206. (205.827 to be exact, but it's rounded to the nearest whole integer).

494 Reviews

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:38 pm
Holysocks says...

Ohhh, so it makes it more fair. That's awesome! Thanks for explaining!
100% autistic

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:43 pm
Aley says...

Aley wrote:- Chrome
- Today
- I was trying to edit the rules of my inbox and got a really weird screen. There was a bunch of code at the top of the page and the drop down menus wouldn't work. They were also cut in half. I don't know if it was just my browser or what, but this is the url I had at the time: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=options not that it probably helps, but whatever. There it is. it had this at the top in grey
Code: Select all
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/ucp/ucp_pm_options.php on line 507: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5178: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5180: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5181: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5182: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3900)
but there was a lot more of it. I navigated away from the page and back to it and it still did it.
- Windows 10

I'm still having this problem. It got shuffled at the bottom of a page so I'm just going to bump it up in case was missed, which it probably wasn't. It's at 85 if you want a date to date or something.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:49 pm
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Er, everytime I open up WFP via YWS, it redirects me to Etherpad, and it requests for a download/dree trial of it. By clicking the free trial it takes you to Sand.io. I can't really put a time on this because it's been like this since I joined, and I didn't find it as such a big deal. But some people get a regualar WFP with their YWS account? They told me to report this because this happens to quite a few people, too. I don't know if device will help either because it happens to me on both mobile/Windows 10. Personally, I'm on Chrome.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:27 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

^That happens to me too if I use the Me > WriterFeed Pad link offered on the YWS toolbar. The only way I can access WFP is with a direct link to a pad (a pad that I've bookmarked, for instance). Usually I can get to my WFP login from there, especially if it's my own pad and I can just click the black WFP bar at the top.

I'm on Windows 10 Firefox.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Just noticed that the "person has changed their name" feature isn't working on the People tab.

Browser: Chrome version 51.0.2704.103 (64-bit)

Edit- Working now!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:35 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

I'm having trouble trying to upload a document in the Publishing Center. I can choose it but when it loads, a bunch of error-type text pops up for a second....and then nothing happens. The work doesn't appear in the empty text box or anything, and then it won't let me try to upload again. I'm not sure what's going on, but I thought I better let you know.

Browser: Chrome Version 51.0.2704.103 m
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:27 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Column 'country' cannot be null [1048]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator immediately at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com with a copy of this error message. Do not hesitate, but please be nice!
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

524 Reviews

Reviews: 524
Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:41 am
View Likes
felistia says...

I can't seem to click on any of this sites works. This thing always comes up

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator immediately at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com with a copy of this error message. Do not hesitate, but please be nice!

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:07 am
View Likes
Aley says...

The bug looks a little bit longer to me, here's the code. It's the same as the others, can't access works.

Code: Select all
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

SQL

INSERT INTO yws_lit_log (user_id, work_id, time, user_ip, gender, age, country) VALUES ('16927', 130887, 1470621838, '127.0.0.1', '2', 25, NULL)

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 189
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/work.php
LINE: 61
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_query()

425 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:58 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Sorry everyone for the bugs on Sunday night. It was a temporary problem with Cloudflare that was fortunately resolved after a few hours.

425 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:03 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

@Moonwatcher, and anyone else with WFP problems ->> All problems with WriterFeedPad should now be resolved. If you come across any others, just give me a shout. My apologies for the delay in getting this fixed.

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton