z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:18 pm
BluesClues says...

Something's up with notifications. I'm not getting all of them suddenly - like I saw in my feed that I'd received a review, but it didn't show up in my notifications and still isn't a while later. This happened a day or two ago, too, but then it fixed itself so I didn't worry about it.

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:26 pm
Brigadier says...

Having a bit of an issue with WFP no matter what device or browser I use. Guessing it's because I changed my name but the connection won't go through and google tries to warn me of the harm your site will do to my computer. At the moment, I'm just going into my account by either typing it out or going through history. So it's not that much of an inconvenience all things considered but just an issue.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:01 pm
wordwing says...

Blueafrica same.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 pm
Amnesia says...

LadyLizz wrote:Having a bit of an issue with WFP no matter what device or browser I use. Guessing it's because I changed my name but the connection won't go through and google tries to warn me of the harm your site will do to my computer. At the moment, I'm just going into my account by either typing it out or going through history. So it's not that much of an inconvenience all things considered but just an issue.

This has been happening since my name got changed too and it's really hard when you try to use it on mobile since it just says the DNS couldnt be found (thats on mobile) But it's doing what BlueAfrica described on desktop
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:05 pm
Mea says...

@LadyLizz @wordwing @Amnesia - this is a known thing with WFP that it doesn't play with name changes well. I'm pretty sure what people usually do is PM Nate directly, saying that you're having trouble logging in because you changed your name, and then he fixes it individually. It'll probably take a few days, though.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

766 Reviews

Reviews: 766
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:11 pm
Brigadier says...

@Mea
It's been such a long time since I had this issue, that I forgot about that route.

the brigadier rides again!
LMS VI: Lunch Appointment with Death

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:35 am
View Likes
Atticus says...

This might just be my computer, but I'm using Chrome and I've noticed that on YWS only my texts are showing up to me as shorthand. For example, when I type 'you', it shows up as 'u' when I post it. It's not just what I post; it's the same for everyone. The shortcuts I've noticed are enspoilered if you need to fix them individually, and there might be more as I only noticed this problem a few minutes ago when I logged on.
Spoiler! :
two-2
you-u
for-4
s-5 (after an apostrophe)
t-7 (after an apostrophe)

Not a huge deal, and like I said, it could be my computer, although this is a brand new laptop, so I would be a bit disappointed if there was an issue there, and I've only noticed it on YWS.
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

561 Reviews

Reviews: 561
Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:54 am
Atticus says...

@R.ydia I had you on the nice list until now...

EDIT: I see what you did there R.ydia.... but haha, you can't get me na na na na na na
[he/him]

"tiktok and giving children meth are my passions" ~ @ShadowVyper
"carinas long foretold chaos protege" ~ @veeren
"smol bean, future of chaos" ~ @carina

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:27 am
Ljungtroll says...

The cruelty!
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:41 pm
BrumalHunter says...

This has never happened before, but while I was editing a post, YWS logged me out. Usually, editing posts counts as being active, but this time, it didn't register, so when I clicked submit, the prompt to log in came up. I had done a substantial amount of editing, all of which disappeared when I logged back in. This is the second time today that this has happened. What prompted the change? (Previously, if I clicked submit after being inactive for too long, it simply said the form is no longer valid, but the changes were still there and I just had to click submit a second time.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:00 am
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

I've been having problems with my writerfeed pad; whenever I try to access it, it redirects me to etherpad. It's like my pad doesn't exist. I've never had any other username (I've heard that can cause problems) so I'm not sure what to do. I tried to just go to thebluecat.writerfeedpad.com but that also redirects me to etherpad. There's also a thing on my computer where it thinks that etherpad is a dangerous website so I get the 'Insecure connection' message. This happens in both Firefox and Chrome and I'm pretty sure both the computers I've tried it on were windows 10.

Also another thing I noticed just recently; when I try to log in to access someone else's pad it says that 'thebluecat' does not exist. I type it in with the correct caps and everything but it changes it to no caps as well. So by that I'm assuming that my pad really doesn't exist for some reason.
Last edited by TheBlueCat on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:51 pm
View Likes
neptune says...

@TheBlueCat this has actually happened to me to! I recently tried to access it and the server just redirects to that url. I'm not sure why, though.
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:40 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

The people's tab hasn't been showing cake days for at least the past few weeks. I'm not sure when it started, but I noticed after someone mentioned their YWS anniversary - despite there being no notifications about it in the feed.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:04 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Couple of things about the People Tab - I'm using Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S8:

- if someone has posted bb code when I click "select all" it takes me back to the home page

- if I'm replying to a status and it runs longer than the little box, the box expands as before, but it covers the Post reply button so that I can't hit the button and thus can't post.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper