z

Young Writers Society

2017 Server Migration Complete! (mostly)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:01 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Took a lot longer than I anticipated, but the Young Writers Society is now running on a 12GB VPS at Linode. This is the first server migration in 4.5 years, and with that much extra RAM, I don't foresee the need for another migration in at least another 4.5 years.

However, there are a few things I still need to do. At this time, I haven't yet tested user registration, image uploads, document uploads, the cover art generator, or the cron jobs, so a lot of stuff may still not be working.

For now, I really have to get some sleep, but I will be getting to everything else tomorrow. I thank you for your patience!

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:27 am
Wolfi says...

Thank you for all this, Nate!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:33 am
Iggy says...

Thank you for everything, always!!!!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm
wakarimasen says...

Thank you, Nate, for all that you do to keep this happy place in tip-top shape! You're really spoiling us. :)

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:48 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks all!

Most everything should be working now, including emails, user registration, loading documents into the publishing center, and image uploads.

Only things that I know aren't working is the image cover art generator and the chatroom. It'll probably be a few days before I get to either though just because neither is a priority (one is hardly ever used, and the other has restricted usage).

If you know of other things that aren't working, please use the report a site bug thread. Thanks!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:05 am
sunny123 says...

Nice Post G.............
Marry

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold