z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:54 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Cat sighs and gets up from the comfort of her armchair. She walks around the side of the counter to where Mem is hiding. Cat drops to a crouch and reaches a hand out.

"It's supposed to be 'counter, as', you know," she says as she helps Mem up. "And most of us aren't too terrifying. Here, have a muffin."
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm
PickledChrissy says...

Can I order another beer? I'm thirsty. All the talking on the phone has dried my mouth out.
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

53 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:24 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Cat casually reaches over and grabs a beer from the counter and gives it to Chrissy as she passes, gently pulling Mem by the hand. Mem continues to munch her muffin as they find a cushy armchair for her to sit in. Everything is blissfully quiet for a minute.

Suddenly, the timer goes BRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG! so loudly that the mirror on the wall shatters. Cat rockets out of her chair and hangs upside down from the ceiling, bristling and spitting, claws dug into the wooden slats above the fireplace.

"Well," she gasps breathlessly, dropping down onto the floor again, "I think the troll should be returning any minu--"

She is interrupted when the troll bursts through the door, grinning.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 pm
StupidSoup says...

*Bursts through the door.*

Did someone say peace and quiet o3o!

*proceeds to blast the nineteen twelve overture*

*Destroys parliament*

*Forgets the gunpowder treason*

*Pets the cat(s)*

*swipes Chrissy's alchohol*

*invokes the wrath of Cthulu*

there.....

That's better :3
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 pm
Amnesia says...

Mem pokes her head out from behind the counter and watches the troll silently
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:20 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Silver opens the door and walks in, accidentally knocking over the troll, who lands in a heap on the floor. He complains to the troll how it's supposed to be the "1812 Overture," not the "1912 Overture." Leaving the confused, and likely annoyed, troll, he sits down at the counter and asks for a root beer float.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:17 pm
StupidSoup says...

*Smashes Silver in the head with an eight*

gee, I guess you were OVER SURE of yourself

*rolls on the table, knocking over Silvers drink,*

that's the ROOT of my cause

*Bursts into laughter at Silvers confused expression*
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:31 am
TheSilverFox says...

The troll finds out quickly that Silver's confused expression is but a ruse. and becomes horrified when he finds out Silver's ploy. Silver laughs and drinks some of the root beer from his glass. In response to the troll's confused expression, Silver states that he had in fact taken a second glass, this one empty, from the counter and poured an unidentifiable liquid in it. This was the one the troll spilled all over himself; Silver hid the first one in his jacket and kept it there until the appropriate moment. Silver knew the troll likely meant no good, so crafted this entire plan to trick him. He then pushes the stupefied troll so he falls under the counter. Afterwards, he turns and greets everyone else with a smile and a wave, hoping to have momentarily vanquished the troll.

53 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:58 am
CuriosityCat says...

Cat bursts into the conflict, separating the paralyzed troll and the newcomer as quickly as possible.

"No fighting, please.Yeah, I know he's SUPER annoying, but trust me, it's not worth it," she says with an exasperated look towards Silver, complete with an eye-roll. "Believe me, we've tried everything, but he's usually back within the hour. Something he calls 'troll physics'. Anyway, the only thing that's successfully shut him up before is shoving a candy cane in his mouth, and he probably won't fall for it ever again. Best to leave him."

— Misha Collins

299 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:38 am
TheSilverFox says...

"Hmm," says Silver with a blank expression, "I suppose that if the odds are against me, I must concede defeat. He wins, though barely - if not for his 'troll physics,' he would be in for a big surprise by now - a big detrimental surprise. If he proves to be of annoyance in the future, it should not be hard to ignore him. After all, I'm not actually sitting in this seat right now."

The clone of Silver sitting vanishes into mist, and the real Silver appears the doorway. He finishes off the root beer in one last gulp, and places the empty glass on the counter.

"I am known as the master of deceit and trickery. I am not always who I seem, nor am I always where I appear to be. Hear that, troll? You can't touch this!"

Silver smiles playfully.
Last edited by TheSilverFox on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:46 am
Nate says...

After a long sleep in the backroom, Nate stepped out into the bar area. His eyes barely cracked open, they suddenly shot straight up when he saw the activity going on around the bar. For the first time in ages, he had paying customers.

Going over the orders though, he felt the need to remind them of the sign at the front of the Tavern:
Open: Serving Soda, Milk, and Juice!

He tossed away all other orders, and offered his customers their choice of soda, milk, or juice instead.

53 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:35 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Cat smiles nervously in Nate's direction and makes a garbled squeaking noise vaguely resembling a "Hi". She has never met the all-powerful site-creator with an awesome Calvin and Hobbes avvie before now, though she has had the unfortunate experience of being accused to be one of his alter-egos. (Long story.)

Unsure how to react in this situation, Cat rapidly shuffles off behind the corner to try and pull ForgottenMemories back into the room, where she is still watching everything intently.

— Misha Collins

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 pm
PickledChrissy says...

Oh, dear. :D It wasn't my fault, Nate. Blame @15253.
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:17 am
Amnesia says...

Mem is slowly coaxed out from her hiding place behind the Bar and sits on a stool. She looks around carefully then orders another muffin and a rootbeer.
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

499 Reviews

Reviews: 499
Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:05 am
Que says...

Falco comes in, only to be horrified by the fact that there are people here.
Parlez-vous français?

I like anchovies~ but nobody calls me that.
— alliyah