z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:14 am
Caesar says...

"Nobody, really," the Illuminist replied, coldly ( ;) ). "But we are particularly bent on overtaking Randomosity"
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 pm
SirTobes says...

Sir Tobes strolled in to the bar (did he ever stroll out) after he had visited the queen and gotten her name changed. Everyone looked at him. He had been partying with some friends celebrating the name change and he was very drunk.
"I am Sir Tobes", he yelled clumsily, before collapsing in a drunk heap in the floor.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:08 pm
TheDayBeforeTomorrow says...

TheDay broke the silence by laughing loudly and uncontrollably. Everyone looked at her strangely, then started to laugh too. The Tavern was soon full of lots of hysterical people.
Veni. Vidi. Vici.

People are made of places. They carry with them
hints of jungles or mountains, a tropic grace
or the cool eyes of sea-gazers. -EB

Love thy mangoes or die.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:26 pm
SirTobes says...

When Tobes woke up he was on hospital lying on his bed.
His friend Jim was hovering over him.
"Hi."
"Hi Jim. What are you doing here?"
"Nothing. You just nearly killed yourself."
Tobes jaw dropped.
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:08 pm
FakeCrow says...

Crow, with his waffle plan fulfilled, thanks Rosie for her help, then walks over to Tobes, who was in a sleepy stupor. Tobes, who lay on the tavern floor in a heap, had his eyes closed but his mouth moving; he was sleep talking. Crow takes that as his chance to test something he's always wanted to try, so Crow leans over and whispers in Tobes ear, then stands up and joins everyone's laughing with a fake evil laugh.....
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:25 pm
thetraveler says...

Trav finished her song, and enjoyed the bagel that Nate had brought her. She sees Tobes being bullied by Crow, and objects into the conversation with a crisp, "That wasn't very nice, Crow. I would have thought your mother had taught you better than to menace those in a quagmire such as SirTobes. You ought to be ahamed..."

The whole tavern makes a big "oooooh" in unison, as Crow gawps to find a worthy reply.
"Ah...umm.... is... is this um a challenge, then? Like your mom ever taught you any better?! You um shouldn't be meddling in my affairs, thanks!"

Another "oooooh"

Trav grinned. "So I can't stand up for a friend?" She slid casually over to Tobes, bless him, and picked his sorry form off the floor. She brushed off the dust, and whispered things about waffles in his sorry, drunk ear. She takes him to the seat where she was previously standing on to perform, sits him down, and feeds him the half of her bagel she didn't eat yet. She snaps her fingers and a fresh mint tea appears out of thin air. Thinking it to be something to add to his stupor, Tobes grabs the tea and guzzles it down.

Crow walks away, thinking that she will get it next time. Because she will!!!
"Elementary, my dear Watson"
:D :D :D
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

7 Reviews

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:14 pm
FakeCrow says...

Crow walks away, acting like he's ashamed of what he's done, but if you were to look closely, you would find a faint smile that he couldn't get rid of. He sits down at a table and thinks about revenge, but decides that revenge would take to much work, so he just sits quietly and waits.

"Surprising," Crow says out loud to a crowd who isn't listening, "that no one asked what I actually whispered in Tobes ear, after all, basically everyone is just a friend I haven't met, and I don't bully friends."
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:53 pm
creativityrules says...

Rosie, who's returned to the counter and is sitting in front of her empty waffle plate, asks Nate,

"What do you think Crow told Tobes? That evil laugh was slightly menacing..."
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

28 Reviews

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:44 am
thetraveler says...

Trav shot Crow a look.

Tobes finished the tea, with slight distaste, (as it wasn't liquor) but with a much more satisfied stomach. He yawned and began to snooze. As seeing that her patient was content and taken care of, Trav came over to Crow and shared another piece of mind.
"If you were just being friendly, why lie to us about it? Tobes is a nice man! Crow, let's face it: you're weird, but not the way the rest of us scribblers-of-dreams are weird. Your imagination, dear. It's run awry. Perhaps you would care for some tea as well?"
Trav signaled for Nate to bring another cup of the quenching drink. Crow was now staring at this striking female with eyes of fire and a wisp of jealousy, for he could never tell that to a total stranger.
"Trav, you, sweet, innocent young girl. You have yet to experience life. Life happens. And it hurts. Why can't anyone else understand that? Am I alone in this quest of pain and suffering? Oh, well, anyways, you'll never know now what I whispered in Tobes ear."

Trav's eyes gleamed with surprise. Ah, she was curious, but Tobes was waking.
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

7 Reviews

Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:44 am
FakeCrow says...

The whole tavern was suddenly quiet. No one moved or said a word, they just stayed frozen. Crow sat in complete silence, wondering what would happen next. Trav's speech interested him, somehow making him think of Alice in wonderland. Intrigued, Crow dared to move to grab his pocket edition of Alice in wonderland. When he slowly stood up, everyone peered at him meanly. He ignored them and continued to grab his book. When he sat back down he couldn't help but ask, "what did I do to get you to all stare like that?

28 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 pm
thetraveler says...

The tavern was silent, in reply to Crow's question, until one young man stepped up and mentioned that this was not only you, but Trav, too, for this was tense; dramatic and suspenseful. "People love action," explained the lad. Crow scowled. He flipped open to his favorite chapter in a well used "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and plopped down into a nearby chair, hoping the book would distract him.

Meanwhile, SirTobes had awoken and was in the middle of a truly great hangover. Trav tended to him, with a nurses touch. The Tavern began to go back to their business, clearly shocked at the episode which had just occurred, muttering about it quietly....
Spoiler! :
SPOILED!!!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:29 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

BrooklynWriter walked into a completely silent Tavern. She wanted to ask what was going on, but was afraid to break the silence. Instead, she walked up to the counter and ordered a waffle and a root beer float.

7 Reviews

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:43 pm
FakeCrow says...

Crow noticed BrooklynWriter ordering waffles and silently chuckled, then went back to reading his book before he got looked at weirdly again.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:05 am
creativityrules says...

By now, Rosie has finished her waffles and has replenished her energetic demeanor.

"I think," she says, "that I would love to dance. Nate, do you have any music?"

Nate's eyes sparkle. He wipes his hands on his apron and walks out from behind the counter, smoothly moves to the jukebox in the corner, and extends his hand to Rosie.

"It takes pennies," he says. Rosie digs in her pocket for change and discovers three copper pennies.

"Will this be enough?" She asks. Nate nods pleasantly in return. Rosie scans the front of the jukebox, flipping through the musical selection until she lands on one that gains her approval. She shoots a questioning look at Nate, and he responds with an approving thumbs-up.

"All right, then," says Rosie. "That's what we'll play. Go for it, Nate." Nate presses the pennies into a slot in the machine, punches a few buttons, and almost instantly the Tavern is filled with the sounds of Metro Station's "Shake It."

Rosie smiles, satisfied.

"Now, who wants to dance with me? Believe me, I'll dance on my own, but it's much more fun when there's more than one!" Her eyes glitter.
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 am
Fire Light says...

Fire Light crawls out of the fireplace where he'd been hiding. Dusting himself off, he looked at Rosie. Never one to miss a chance to learn from a professional, (or to make a fool of himself,) he stepped forward and bowed.

"May I have this dance?"

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
— Albus Dumbledore