z

Young Writers Society

The Tavern

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:52 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Zhia has stopped rambling long ago, and is now looking at Cat curiously.

"I thought we weren't supposed to have homework on exam week!"

She turns and looks at the internet troll that is currently lying in the middle of the floor. Mumbling, she pushes him over to the wall and drops a vibranium cage around him. "This should hold him."
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:35 pm
r4p17 says...

I read about thirty pages in the book and then get up to call the police to tell them about the internet troll. When I am done with that I manage to get a little more reading in, helped along by the RootBeer float. Ah! This is nice!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:45 pm
CuriosityCat says...

Cat sniffs r4p17's drink experimentally.

"Root beer," she mutters distastefully. "I hate carbonated stuff. I like your shirt, by the way, r4. Anyway, Zhia, my teachers apparently didn't get that little 'no homework' message. I have an essay and a project due tomorrow."

Cat then takes a sip of her tea and settles down to watch the troll struggle in his cage amusingly. She giggles and eats a truffle.

(Note that her attention span is very very short but when she finds something worth her time, she is absolutely glued to it, despite it being incredibly insignificant and to most people extremely boring.)
Nothing to see here, puny mortals. Move along.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:56 pm
TheCatchphrase says...

"Hey, I bet we could take on your busywork, Cat. It's..." Catch counts the members in the Tavern, not sure whether to include the troll trying to escape its cage. "Four--five? Five against one."

Catch relaxes in his seat, readying himself for the first sip of his sweet, bubbly cola... The plastic touches his lips as the Tavern's doors are kicked open. As expected, Cat's busywork stands the doorway, grunting ferociously. Catch feels a little intimidated at first, but upon noticing the determined looks in his friends' eyes, he promptly puts down his soda and stands up. "Come on, guys," Catch says courageously. "We've got this."

Suddenly, a silhouetted figure appears from behind the busywork. It's twice the busywork's size, and three times as angry.

Catch recognizes the silhouette instantly.

His unfinished book report.

He sits back down warily.
live in technicolor

179 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:11 pm
r4p17 says...

"Well, really ought to be doing school myself, folks!" I say. "I am going to teleport back home and get sone of my books.

When I return I find Catch standing up to Catch's busywork and I glare at him (the busywork) with annoyance while I watch the police drag away the Internet troll.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:19 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Zhia eyes the truffle enviously. "Where'd you GET that, Cat?! I didn't see them anywhere..."
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:20 pm
Mea says...

Meandbooks starts at the mention of homework, then relaxes as she remembers she did it all earlier. Of course, she does need to study for a math test...
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

53 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:55 pm
CuriosityCat says...

"I stole them," Cat tells Zhia unapologetically, her eyes not leaving her homework's. "From someone named Opal Koboi. But that's not the point. Can you, um... give my project a quick paper-shredder treatment with your katanas? You can have one of my truffles."

A grin spreads across Zhia's face and in seconds the hulking monsters of everyone's homework have been reduced to large piles of neat little ribbons.

"I’m always going to embarrass myself and I’m pretty comfortable with that now."
— Misha Collins

5 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:16 pm
TheCatchphrase says...

Catch watches from a safe distance as a janitor sweeps away the shredded homework. When the janitor at last dumps the paper ribbons into the garbage, Catch lets out a sigh that had been building in his lungs since the homework arrived. "Okay," he groans. "Now can I please just drink my Coke?"
live in technicolor

179 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:38 pm
r4p17 says...

I walk around and glance approvingly at the pile.

"Thank God that finished it!" I say.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:53 pm
StupidSoup says...

*waltzes out of the cage using troll logic and does a graceful pirouette right onto Catch's coke and proceeds to tapdance his way across the bar knocking every ones drinks off the table right up to Cat and throws a large ball of yarn at the angry feline*

Here kitty-kitty!

Spoiler! :
Steals.....ALL THE TRUFFLES
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

53 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:22 pm
CuriosityCat says...

"OY!!!," Cat shouts, "My truffles!"

Cat tucks the inciting ball of yarn into her pocket to be played with later, then gives the troll a swipe across the face with her incredibly sharp talons. He shouts and ducks, dropping the truffles.

She lunges for them and scoops the truffles into her mouth gracefully. She chews for a minute then swallows with a tremendous GULP. She grins at 15253 through chocolaty teeth.

"Still want the truffles?" she taunts. "Oh, and here's your payment, Zhia."

Cat tosses the last one out of her pocket and Zhia catches it. Cat smiles and sits down again to talk to Catch.

— Misha Collins

54 Reviews

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:40 am
StupidSoup says...

o3o Blasphemy!

.....tigers has talon ._.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

54 Reviews

Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:42 am
StupidSoup says...

backs away from the magical cat chicken

scawy ;3;

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

5 Reviews

Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:22 am
TheCatchphrase says...

"I just want to drink a Coke..."
live in technicolor

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical