Young Writers Society

Goodnight.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon May 22, 2006 6:43 am
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

So long and goodnight.

Wasn't there an ancient group of people that would make sacrifices, believing that if they did, the sun would rise the next day? They never took for granted the fact that there was a sun, or at least that's what it appears to be. I mean, ripping someone's heart out as the sacrifice isn't exactly commendable, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

The sun sets on us many a time, but it always comes back the next morning. It comes back, happily shining rays of life down onto the creatures of the earth. You could say that the sun has a deal with the earth. The sun says, "As long as I give you light, you have to be there for me to light." And the earth nods in agreement.

The sun and the earth have been in cooperation for a long while, it seems...But deals do go sour.

The sun is setting. I can see it now, tired and worn, slowly drifting beyond the hills. As it delivers its last sweet kiss of light upon the grass, it says to me, "Goodnight. Perhaps we shall meet again among the stars."

I say nothing; I only stare into this beautiful crimson ball of fire making its way out of sight.

Goodnight. I'll see you again in the morning.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:24 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Good morning.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:26 pm
Muse says...

thats pretty. *waves at the sun*
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

Random avatar

Reviews: 142