48%
I don't
52%

Total votes : 29

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:23 pm
Dynamo says...

Am I the only one on this site who doesn't know who Pat Buchanan is? Please fill me in.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:46 pm
Firestarter says...

Oh my god, you don't know?

What do they teach at schools these days?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:05 am
_fallingstar_ says...

I don't know who he is either.
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:08 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Well, if I really must -

I'm Pat Buchanan. But I didn't particularly want to reveal my identity. Cops use the internet too, y'know.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

50 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:11 am
_fallingstar_ says...

I just looked him up on Wikipedia. Is he a Republican?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:13 am
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

No - he's Jack... That is, Firestarter is Pat, who is Jack who is really not because he's Pat Buchanan. :wink: Right?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:19 am
Sponson Light says...

Apparently Pat ran for president in 2k.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:19 am
Firestarter says...

The secret is out. All those carefully-laid plans I did of making sure everybody called me Jack have gone out the window.

50 Reviews

Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:30 am
_fallingstar_ says...

Beware of Wikipedia. They have eyes everywhere. :shock:

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:21 am
Nate says...

Well...

Pat Buchanan is a paleo-conservative, meaning he is a conservative in the pre World War II sense of the word. On most issues, he is pretty moderate and no different than most politicians. But, there's a couple of issues that put him very far to the right. One, he is against immigration. Not just illegal immigration, but all immigration. Two, he's against the war in Iraq. You'd think that'd put him to the left but for the reasons he is against the Iraq war. Unlike the left, which still advocates American intervention abroad, albeit alongside other countries and usually for huminatarian reasons, Buchanan opposes any American intervention abroad. He believes the US should concentrate on the US and basically forget about the rest of the world. That includes coming to the aid of even our traditional allies, like England and Canada.

ANYWAYS... I started putting Pat Buchanan as an option 'cause I thought it was funny. Not sure why it was funny, but I think it is :D

CARRY ON

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:25 am
David Guinness says...

Pat has "one of those names"... Instantly recognizeable, and can be put to many uses...

Observe:

Albuquerque!

Pat Buchanan! See! I can do it, too!

Or we can play MadLibs(c)

One day, I was walking down the Pat Buchanan. I suddenly looked up, and there was a Pat Buchanan. "Pat Buchanan!" I exclaimed... etc...
David Guinness

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:21 pm
zell says...

because it sounds good i suppose but it is a insult name or a other thing

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:36 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Whoa, okay. I always wondered who Pat Buchanan was. I thought it might be an actor or something, 'cause I never know the names of actors.. :? Anyways.. now I know. :P
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:42 pm
Zion says...

Pat Buchanan? Good god....talk about a slacker ex boyfriend from hell....we had some pleasureable moments, good kid, but the dude HATES my Sooper Gaian Green Salad! How dares he! EVERYONE loves my SGGS! So I told him...it was either this, or BUST! He choose the latter...and then he ran for president in 2k...You think this is not funny? *mumbles something about being a cold hearted biotch*
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:55 pm
Dynamo says...

Thanks for the insight everyone. Before I put up this post I always thought Pat Buchanan was some kind of movie star like Chuck Noris or Bruce Willace.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
— Mo Willems