Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:11 pm
Firestarter says...

Hmm ... Firestarter is, amongst other things:

a) a novel by Stephen King

b) a firewall for Linux

c) a song by the band The Prodigy.

d) a Japanese power pop / garage punk band (apparently)

e) a PC game from sometime

f) some sort of circus trickman

My name, Jack: Originates from "John" a hebrew name meaning "God is Gracious." This is the common one I find. However, I've found alternate meanings. I think it can also mean "boy" in old english, although I can't find any evidence of that. However, my middle name is far more interesting - "Percival" (also spelt "Perceval"), who was a Knight of the Round Table (boo yah!), means "Piercing the Valley" or alternatively "Piercing the Veil", something to do with the Grail. Even cooler is the Welsh spelling which is "Peredur", which I must use as a character name sometime in the future.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:18 pm
smaur says...

smaur - n. - smôr

1. a great godly being with an enormous appetite for cookies
2. not you
3. a geeky nitpicky pseudo-perfectionist
4. a resistant strain of bird flu
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:29 pm
_fallingstar_ says...

My name is the new title for my novel.
That, and I wrote reviews on FanFiction.net under this name.
My high school senior mascot is a dragon. Take that, monkey!

Blackle.com--saving energy one search at a time.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:55 pm
WarthogDemon says...

When I became a member of deviantArt, I was planning it to be "Warthog In A King Prawn Suit." The same as the writer's club I used to go to. The reason being I like warthogs and Pepe Le Shrimp from the muppets.

Unfornately the name couldn't be that long so I changed it to WarthogDemon because I'm pretty interested in ancient demons of mythology.

WarthogDemon has been what I've used ever since.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:43 pm
Fishr says...

My user name doesn't have any real meaning to it. It's a short version of Fisher, but without the E. I've been fishing since I was old enough to walk. So, I've been fishing for twenty years.

My real name is Jessica, which is Hebrew. I believe it has alternate meanings such as "Wealthy" or "God's Grace." My last name is Bruce. Though it might be obvious, it's Scottish but also French. The meaning; "Woods" or "Woodlands."
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:20 am
Azrael says...

My real name, Brianna, means "the strong." Though I am terribly weak physically, I have strong ambition.
My midddle name Kristen means "follower of Christ" which is pretty cool. ^^

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:54 am
Elelel says...

Well, my screeen name was a big mistake in my opinion. I was called Firebird on some other site, which I liked a lot more, but people thought I was a guy so I went for something a bit more feminine. Not even I know how to pronounce it. I had a character with that name, but then, appart from realising it sucked, I thought "Why torture her so?" so I've decided not to torture her. I just ask everyone to call me El.

My real name is Lucy, which means "light" or "bringer of light" or something to do with light ... so therefore Lucifer means light too ... although I think fire. My middle name, Jane, means "God is Gracious" and I can't think of a meaning more boring.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:02 am
Elizabeth says...

WarthogDemon wrote:When I became a member of deviantArt, I was planning it to be "Warthog In A King Prawn Suit." The same as the writer's club I used to go to. The reason being I like warthogs and Pepe Le Shrimp from the muppets.

Unfornately the name couldn't be that long so I changed it to WarthogDemon because I'm pretty interested in ancient demons of mythology.

WarthogDemon has been what I've used ever since.

Warthog??? from TYWC???
*cries* *can't help myself*

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:31 am
deleted6 says...

Fontroy is erm a word play Font and Royal lol.

Vernon is French and it means Alder Tree.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:14 pm
backgroundbob says...

'Backgroundbob' is from a band I used to be in (one of those high school things - never went anywhere, but loads of fun) called Backgroundnoise; it just kind of stuck to me and I kept it.

Robert is a family name: there's been one in the family for however many generations that I can't remember - it's from the Scottish and Irish (just Gaelic, really :)) sides of the family, and means 'shining and famous', from the old line of Scottish kings. My last name comes from my Irish side of the family, but our official alligence is to clan Macpherson through my grandmother. Just in case we ever get called up for war :)
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:11 pm
sabradan says...

sabradan is a screenname I've been using since I got on the internet. Its a combination of the word "sabra" which is a native desert cactus plant (that tastes really good) that is native to Israel. Also, sabra is a nickname for native-born israelis, after the plants, because Native-born Israelis are said to be, like the plants, "hard and prickly on the outside, and soft and sweet on the inside"

And Dan, my name, comes from Daniel, which is obviously Hebrew. It means Judge, and also "My Judge is the Lord". It comes from the story of Daniel the Judge in the Lions Den in the bible.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:48 am
electricbluemonkey says...

My username...

...I really have no idea how I came up with my username.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:18 am
Roaming Shadow says...

Well, Roaming Shadow is the assumed name of a characters in a sci-fi story I've got hanging. He's the only person in the galaxy (After being abducted and taken away from the Milkey Way Galaxy) and since he then goes to live with a race of aliens whose names are quite literal, he feels the name suits him. He feels alone and almost nonexistent (the shadow part) and he knows he'll never be able to stay in one place long (roaming). Hmm...maybe I'll post what I've got on that soon.

As for my real name Justin, I have no idea if it has any kind of special meaning anywhere. If anybody knows if it does, I'd love to know! 8)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:19 am
Crayon says...

Crayon because i fill peoples lives with colour and because somebody once asked me if i could be an animal what one i would be and i said that first thing that popped into my head which happened to be "Crayon" i wasnt thinking straight that night! Oppppps!

Any my name is Hannah which means "able to weather any storm" in Hebrew and "Grace of God" and my middle names"Joy which is pretty self explainatory.
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:52 pm
Bjorn says...

Erethror-A name in a story I used, and looong abandoned (it may come back...)

But my real name? God's Judge....wait a minute, thats not right (maybe not in your minds). Judge of God....still isn't it... God is my Judge, there we go! (Hey sabradan, if it was Eldan, then would it be God's Judge?) Anyway, yes I share the same name as our favourite Israelite!
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane