z

Young Writers Society

A tool that would be great on the YWS.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 pm
*Twilight* says...

It would be really cool if the YWS had a tool that highlights text. That way when we are reading stories we can highlight the mistakes we find. So, when we are done reading it we won't leave out any of the mistakes we found and we don't have to go seardhing when we need to quote the sentences with errors in them.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:38 pm
Firestarter says...

Copy the text into Microsoft Word (or any other word processor for that matter) and highlight it there.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:03 pm
Snoink says...

That would be cool...

Except for one thing. The coding of that will be so scary that everyone will probably just use the quote command. Believe me... scary coding = not good.

However, another option is finding a critiquer who is willing to use Word to do that kind of stuff. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:31 pm
Nate says...

*Twilight* wrote:It would be really cool if the YWS had a tool that highlights text. That way when we are reading stories we can highlight the mistakes we find. So, when we are done reading it we won't leave out any of the mistakes we found and we don't have to go seardhing when we need to quote the sentences with errors in them.

If you got an idea, just send it to me. I don't like it when people make these kinds of topics because usually I don't even read them (which means I never hear about the idea) or because the idea is simply not feasible to begin with. This falls into that latter category.

Topic locked.

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac