11%
lice
5%

Total votes : 19

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:14 am
Elelel says...

I watched a movie once with a cat in it called Italics ... but I don't remember what movie it was. Er ... I've got a cat called Marballs, who we named when we were all tiny little kiddies with our brains convinced the only names for animals were names done to death. Taco. My Nana had a cat called Taco. Grandad said Taco shells were made from cats.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Reviews: 91
Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:23 pm
Nox says...

I had a cat called Mythago or Myth for short, she died a few weeks ago.
In all the time we have
There is never enough time
To show what is in our heart.

Reviews: 4
Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:50 pm
Elfcat says...

Hmm, my first cat was grey but I named her Licorice anyway, so maybe I'm not too good of a source...A couple of my cats have had really dumb boring names like "mittens" and "freckles", but I didn't like those names as much.

If you like LOTR there are lots of good options there. Haldir, Glorfindel (Findy for short?), Legolas (if you want to be obvious), Feanor, Manwe, or any one of the thousands of names from the Silmarillion.

As for picking the name when it comes right down to it: Why not let the cat decide? We've done this a few times at my house. What you do is list all of the names you like on a piece of paper, then cut out the names, roll them up into balls and drop them in front of the cat. The one he plays with is what yu call him. Careful, though, only let him have the names you like. I ended up with a cat named Freckles that way.

Of course if you like Lillian Jackson Braun you could always just call him Koko...
So I'm a little left of center, I'm a little out of tune. Some say I'm paranormal, so I just bend their spoon.
Who wants to be ordinary, in a crazy mixed up world? I don't care what they're saying, as long as I'm your girl.

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:57 pm
Nis says...

Mythago seems nice.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:15 am
zelithon says...

"Grandad said Taco shells were made from cats."
They ARE made from cats, atleast the good ones are. It will probibly be a boy, that is not a solid color.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:29 am
Chevy says...

If I had a cat I'd name it Nuisance or Nombre (it means "Move" in Spanish).
I dislike cats very much...
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:26 am
Sohini says...

cats ????????????? i'm a cat maniac (and a maniac cat as well).
blue eyes...how about Saphira(Eragon's dragon is called that but maybe a bit girlish)
Chesire (from alice's adventures in wonderland) or any of T.S.Eliot's poem cats: Macavity (the mystery cat):Gus (the theatre cat)
or Mr.Paws: cuddles; neelnayan (in Bengali that would mean blue eyes): Fluff
i'll think some later.

my cats are called Pagol(whichhh means mad in Bengali); Ping (ping pong balls); One;Two and Adi(which in Bengali means ancient)

tell me when you've named him.
katz rule
meow!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:54 am
Zion says...

:D :D :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:22 pm
Nis says...

Adi(which in Bengali means ancient)

I use a different word for ancient, I've never heard of adi before.

Edit: How about Tybalt who was the king of cats or Bast(et) the cat goddess.

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala