Young Writers Society

Cypher Cypher!

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:14 am
antigone says...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

MEET ME NEAR THE CLOCK TOWER AT TWELVE MIDNIGHT TONITE

Jennafina is here and she did the first one.
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:51 am
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Well, then jennafina will have to post a reply of some sort, so i dont have to go searching for a link to send her an IM. Only one of you is getting the points- because I can't decide how to divy them up, and you two can fight it out later.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:54 am
antigone says...

I was just giving her credit. I don't think either of us really cares about the points. You can keep them. Happy Thanksgiving!
Siempre, siempre: jardin de mi agonia,
tu cuerpo fugitivo para siempre,
la sangre de tus venas en mi boca,
tu boca ya sin luz para mi muerte.

-From 'Del amor imprevisto', Federico Garcia Lorca

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:57 am
Jennafina says...

Hehehe. Yeah, no points needed! :D That was fun! You're good at thinking up codes.

Edit: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

67 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:04 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

schweet.
ok, whoever gets this one gets their points.

45.23.15 42.51.24.13.31 12.43.35.53.34 21.35.54 25.51.33.41.15.14 35.52.15.43 45.23.15
32.11.61.55 14.35.22.44

No math or calculation required.

This is pretty easy. 100 points for a hint. 100 for solving it. 100 for telling me how I encoded this.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

67 Reviews

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:38 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Just to let you know how evil I WAS feeling, here is the code base for a cryptogram I was planning on using.

I only did one of the non vowel letter sets, the rest all follow the same pattern.

The only reason I didn't do this was because it would take several pages to use every character (there are lots of them. 6*26= 156 + 7 = 163. ) and days to write something out, and encode it all. Most of these are old codes from high school, wherein, me and my geek friends would create codes, and buy lunch for the first person to solve them. This was one of the least complex ones. Later I altered it alittle bit to create a much more complex one, which had over 300 characters, and didn't substitute every letter of the alphabet. for instance, I had abolished the need for a K or a Q or an X. Several letters had been added to the vowels section, which got a different encryption entirely. The first verson (this one) took a little over a week to solve. The second has yet to be solved, and the sheet I gave out to everyone was actually about 15 pages of code, because the rule was that every character had to be used in order and fashion with the english language. No encoding in a different language was allowed initially. We later decided that was a cool idea, and started doing that. We used an agreed upon online translator to translate into some language, then took those characters and created a code around them. I wont do that to you guys.

a 1 ae 12 ai 13 ao 14 au 15 aa 11

e 2 ea 21 ee 22 ei 23 eo 24 eu 25

i 3 ia 31 ie 32 ii 33 io 34 iu 35

0 4 oa 41 oe 42 oi 43 oo 44 ou 45

u 5 ua 51 ue 52 ui 53 uo 54 uu 55

b 6 ba 6! be 6@ bi 6# bo 6$ bu 6% bb 6^ th <<

c 7 sh >>

d 8 ch ()

f 9 qu [[

g < cks ]]

h > n't *

j ? ould [}

k :

l "

m'

n {

p }

q \

r |

s -

t +

v =

w (

x )

y [

z ]

This is a cryptgram, but the substitutions are much more complex than any other cryptogram. The numbers don't mean anything, they're just easier with this than using letters. You'll have to account for conjunctions and common letter pairings being single characters. You can count any pair as one character, there will never be more than two to characters to one encoded character, however some of them will be represented by only one character.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

One is not born, but rather becomes a woman.
— Simone de Beauvoir, The Second Sex