z

Young Writers Society

Piecings and tattoos...

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:16 pm
Meta-Messiah says...

Gotta agree with elephant both tattoos and piercings can be sooo sexy if done well, but i personally think they have to be subtle not like some f*** off 5cm strecher in you ear, but then again even them on the right people.
"Ich weisse jetzt was keine engle weisse" Wings of desire

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:15 pm
Carmina says...

Tats and piercings can be cool. However...they can go bad....

If you get your eyebrow done...be warned...since it is not through cartilage, your skin will want ot heal up and it is likely that it will eventually squeeze out hte piercing and leave you with a scar. I've seen it happen more than once.
I reject your reality and substitute my own

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:13 am
ConvolutedEmpty says...

The thought of having a tattoo has always appealed to me, simply because as an artist, the thought of body art is something that I'm interested in as well. I'm planning on having my eyebrow pierced, but only when I move out... I mean... I'm planning on doing a lot of stuff when I move out... taking the cat, dying my hair fluorescent green... wearing black lipstick, having a sordid affair with a starving artist... that sort of thing. So, coming round again, I'm not likely to do anything more than pierce my ears or nose until I'm at least eighteen, because the fact of the matter is, that there a small but ever-present chance that they won't seem as interesting or beautiful as they seem in my mind by then, and I may not be comfortable enough with my body at that time to be willing to do stuff like that and wear it well. Kind of like the fluorescent green hair idea. Also, I'm deciding on the tattoos now, so that by the time I'm actually old enough to go out and do it, I'll have mulled it over for a couple years. I don't think that I'd regret it in old age. Because eventually it would become a part of my body, and I'd accept it as a part of my body, regardless of whether it looked good or not. Kind of like boobs... or my nose. It'd be there and I couldn't change it, so why worry about it anyways? Anyways, that's my philosophy about tattoos and piercings.
Words are spilling out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass. They slip away across the universe... Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting thorough my open mind possessing and caressing me..

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:21 pm
Chevy says...

Piercings: Like many girls, I have one piercing in each ear and that's it...I think I might get two more holes in my ears but that will definitely be it...and probably won't even wear all four all the time. I've always loved eyebrow rings on guys but would never want one myself...I also likew hen guys have their ears gauged.

Tattoos: Even though I practically swore to my parents that I would never get a tattoo because they're disgusting looking and not very "feminime like" (my parent's are very very strict when it comes to being "feminime like") I still think I would like to have one...not too noticeable, but I've always found an interest in arrows and I have this really neat image that I draw a lot with a very rough arrow about an inch long pointing downwards and it has blood dripping off the tip. I don't know what it means but I really like it..
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:26 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

I have no idea what tattoo to get!!!! But I totally am going to because I love them. As long as they're not too obvious. But blokes with tattoos....now that is unbelievably sexy!!!! my ex has a celtic thing on his bicep =P~
Oh dear me. Really floats my boat, tattooed and pierced dudes......
is it just me???!!!!!
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:57 pm
BettyPaige says...

nope, not the only one :)

I do enjoy the tattooed and pierced dudes as well, hon.

I myself have the celtic symbol of life, tattoed in dark green in the hollow of my back.

Bett
All I learned in life, I learned from reading banned books.

I like my life with a little salt, a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.

136 Reviews

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:21 pm

That sounds like an awesome tattoo....I don't know what to get!!!! Does anyone have any suggestions??? I want something fairly original - much as i like the idea of butterflies and faries....meh, bit passe?
Right which dudes here are studded or drawn on??!!! :wink: lol
<phroawwwwww....>

Big up the YWS Massive!

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:25 pm
Ieatworms says...

I can't help but imagine what tattoos and peircings will look like in twenty or thirty years. Sure, you have a cute little tummy now, but three pregnancies later and your belly ring looks like a door knocker. I hate the flabby, faded look of old tattoos. Robin Williams is right.

I think tonge forking is silly.

I HATE plugs. It's gross when you take the plug or earring out, and a gaping hole is left behind. And how long are you really going to want to wear the,?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:58 am
Elizabeth says...

Piercing in the title is spelt wrong...

Anyway, people go too far with piercings and tattos are beginning to get there as well.

136 Reviews

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:30 am

Lol I'm just a retard...have corrected sp! :D
Ieatworms - I know....tongue forking is gross.....why would you even DO that?

Big up the YWS Massive!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:32 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

For whispering sweet nothings?

I don't have any piercings or tattoos. I don't need to mutilate myself in the name of self-expression. I can express whatever I want through other mediums.

I believe that how a person dresses and what they wear is a reflection of what they think about themselves.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

136 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:06 am

Good for you....I, on the other hand (no pun intended....oh no, hang on, no one is going to understand that, cos no one on here actually knows me....) am getting a tattoo. Actually two - one on my hip and on on the back of my neck. What's so wrong with tattoos and piercings anyway??

Big up the YWS Massive!

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:57 pm
Muse says...

I dont see the problems with tattoos or piercings either, especially not tattoos. And I would certainly not describe getting a tattoo as mutilating yourself...because i think they (well not all of them) are beautiful. Yes, i can understand why people may not like body piercings, but i still think they look nice. Especially earrings and nose studs...and i do love my belly button piercing even though its common. heh.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:56 pm
Meta-Messiah says...

For me tattoos and piercings are like grafitti (or maybe graffiti) they are art just on a strange canvas, and as that they can be amazing or they can be the equivalent of a hastily scrawled "JOE WAS ERE". Currently hoping to get a lip piercing as soon as i have the money (anyone willing to buy some bloc party tickets at an extortionate price) For me a piercing isn't just something that will hopefully look cool but also i need to prove to myself that i can for once actually follow up something like that, ive spent many years saying i should get a piercing, or i should get a tattoo. Now is the moment and i must seize it.
"Ich weisse jetzt was keine engle weisse" Wings of desire

136 Reviews

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:27 pm

Muse I think that belly button piercings are cool, and despite what I've said I may still get one :D lol.
Meta-messiah, I totally agree. Seize the moment! And lip piercings are so cool, and really can be quite sexy - just don't get a spike....!
I've wanted my tongue pierced since forever. All the dudes I know are very enthusiastic about that....I'm not entirely sure I want to know why!!! Doubt I'll get it done though
And Bloc Party??? I'm so there! Lol.....I have no money.....
Sometimes people either go over the top with tattoos, or get something a bit inappropriate...or they simply just don't suit them.

Big up the YWS Massive!

Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you.
— Welcome to Night Vale