71%

Total votes : 14

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:04 pm
Sophie says...

So, what do you think of the band?
What do you know about the band?
Would you let people say there is something Jam-ish to them?

And please tell me if these facts are true:
They are all still in their teens
They are the first British "guitar band" to debut at Number One
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:56 pm
Firestarter says...

They're pretty good, I saw them live and they were good but the crowd was crazy!

Personally I think they've been overrated and some people are getting carried away.

They sound Jam-ish, but they're no way as good as The Jam at all.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:09 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Artic Monkeys? Never heard of them.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:14 am
Snoink says...

I thought you were talking about monkeys who lived in the arctic. Then I wanted to tell you that the monkey's physical make up made it impossible for them to survie...

Never heard of them.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

98 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:02 pm
Sophie says...

British band...
But God! The way they're plugging them is starting to bleep me off. More than they're plugging Madonna. I'm just starting to feel a bit icky for liking them...
Oh the trees!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:15 pm
Firestarter says...

Exactly. I've liked them since January at the start of this year and back down they were well-known on the indie circuit but hadn't broken through yet, and people used to laugh at their name when I told them.

Now everybody loves them. I have a gig t-shirt and I feel wrong for having it now.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

98 Reviews

Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:29 pm
Sophie says...

Yes, yes I know what you mean. And I don't even have the "I knew them when they were officiallly inide" thing to fall back on. I got into them from Zane Lowe on radio one.
Why can indie not stay indie anymore? Or am I, and many people in society, just paranoid?
Or am I talking rubbish?

But anyone know if those facts are true? About their ages? Tell me before I make a fool of myself by telling more people... Like the time I called a Stereophonics song an Oasis song... I'm not good with mistakes...
Oh the trees!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:13 am
Sam says...

AHH!

I love Arctic Monkeys...

But they're not cool here, so my fun gets to last a little longer. :P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:48 am
Emma says...

They're cool. I had heard their name a while back... I don't know if I listened to any of their songs. But you have to admit, their new song is pretty good. I would like to listen to more.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:36 pm
Firestarter says...

They're actually not the first British "guitar" band to debut at number one, because IBTYLGOTDF is actually their second single, after Fake Tales of San Fransisco.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:55 pm
niteowl says...

I never heard of the Arctic Monkeys until you people started talking about them. Then I checked out their MySpace. Me likey.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:51 pm
Milkybar Kid says...

I love the artic monkeys! Even though i only properly got into them now, i remember liking them a while back when i heard them at some mini festival in Glasgow. They're really cool.
-*Tori*-

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender