Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:42 pm
Sponson Light says...

What do you like about songs?
The instruments they use?
The lyrics (if any)?
The whole composition?
The genre?
What interests you?

for me I generally like fast paced songs with understandable lyrics (no rapping or stuff like that). I like the instruments to be noticable, so the lyrics dont dominate the songs. And I usually dont like it when people sing about their problems (ie. I want to die... aka Chemical Romance).

I like horns and trumpets
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:13 pm
Emma says...

They have to have a catchy beat, with drums. I love to hear the drums. Rapping is a no go zone for me. It bugs the hell out of me. Its just like a load of mumbled words. I like lyrics which stand out and mean something.

I like indie and rock. \:D/

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:53 pm
Sophie says...

I can't just say I look out for certain things in particular. Lush male voices, impressive guitarness, impressive drumbness, tune, pace, lyrics... Just if it sounds good, and it's not pop.
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:45 pm
Sam says...

Pretty much has to have a guitar in it- preferably electric. If it's got a bass riff, it wins bonus points. (WELCOME TO PARADISE! Whee!):P

Lyrics have to knock my socks off. If they don't, then it had better have that bass riff. :P

Genre? Alternative/indie/punk...'tis all good.

I look for good lyrics and a catchy groove, like Emma.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe