z

Young Writers Society

hurricanes

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:17 am
you_really_suck says...

ok i know how we just had katrina go through new orleans and stuff and wilma coming for florida
so i want to know if you guys have been through any hurricanes
if you haven't then...idk

i've been through 6 hurricanes
because i live in florida *tear*
i can't name them all right now though
but it's gonna suck when wilma comes through
Meat is Murder

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:17 am
Nate says...

Hopefully you don't live in southern Florida where Wilma is expected to hit. I hope everything goes okay.

I've been through a number of hurricanes. My most recent one was Isabel, which came through Maryland a year ago. Before that, my last time in a hurricane was hurricane Bob, which hit Connecticut in August, 1992. My neighborhood was okay, but a few houses had some trees in them after it. Then when I lived in Virginia Beach, I vaguely remember going through Hugo (which I remember 'cause it was really scary... I remember seeing all the beach houses in the ocean) and Grace, which wasn't bad.

So four hurricanes in all for me. Still, nothing like having to go through six hurricanes in 13 years. May God keep Florida safe.

13 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:25 am
you_really_suck says...

yeah i live in central florida so we shouldn't get hit as bad

i went through charlie, jean, and the other one i forgot the name of
then 2 others in the last like 5 years i can't remember the names of those either
and then hurricane andrew was horrible
and i was also in a tornado when i was 6
that was the worst
it sorta sucked because it happened 2 days after my birthday and i lost everything
Meat is Murder

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:41 am
nickelpickle says...

Is it seriously supposed to hit south florida? cause that's where I live. I worked all day, so I have no idea whats going on. We're in broward county.
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:49 pm
Emma says...

No offense (if somehow you do take offense) but at these times I am really relieved and happy that I live in the UK. Thank god the only worst that we can really get is floods when it comes to weather.

I'm really sorry, and I hope you will be safe, and everyone else who is expecting a hurricane.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:45 pm
Sureal says...

I live in England, and we don't get anything more than the occasional tiny hurricane. They're not really that dangerous... the most they generally do is knock over some cows.

I've always wanted to see a hurricane... but I've only ever seen them in dreams (which is good in way - no danger).
I wrote the above just for you.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:20 pm
Incandescence says...

If your hurricane narrative does not involve: ninjas, monkeys, and a secret government plot, I don't care. I've heard so many, "it was crazy, man! like, there was this tree and it came through my window man! and I almost got hit! it was crazy!". I mean, if anything, the fact that it didn't him just proves that God really isn't watching over humanity.

13 Reviews

Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:39 pm
you_really_suck says...

yeah the hurricanes don't really bring much damage as everyone thinks
tornados seem to be worst to me
because i almost lost my mom and my sister not to mention me in one 7 years ago
it's just after that happens you get really paroniod
and also i think ppl try to make it sound like a near death thing so they look cool or something
and it's not it really isn't
Meat is Murder

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:51 am
Elelel says...

When I hear about you guys going through stuff like that I really appreciate living in South Australia, where the worst you get is a drought, and the only affect that has on you if you're not a farmer is water restrictions.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:07 am
nickelpickle says...

Hurricane Wilma just ripped through our city as a category 2 or 3 and it was no joke, believe me. We had a window blow in, our screen torn up, every tree uprooted, leaking and our power gone for three days in addition to the terror of wondering if we would get through it. It caused a lot of damage and fear. No fun.
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:18 am
little x soldier says...

agh! I'm so lucky, too lucky..They didn't hit or pass us the last times and years. Just some rain and cloud and wind.
No Fun either!

You have my sympathy for your blown away good moods and 'fun'
~xS;o:L;d:I;e:Rx~

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:22 am
Areida says...

Man... I'm really sorry, Nikki. When Rita came through it wasn't nearly as bad as we expected. A tree fell on my dad's office, but we didn't have any serious damage to my house. Unfortunately, we were out of power for five days, and that really sucked.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:27 pm
Duskglimmer says...

The only hurricane that I've been through (as far as I can remember) is Isabel. It wasn't that bad for me and my family (just a bunch of rain and wind, a few trees knocked down and a loss of power for a few days), but it was enough. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you guys that have been through worse.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

People say I love you all the time - when they say, ‘take an umbrella, it’s raining,’ or ‘hurry back,’ or even ‘watch out, you’ll break your neck.’ There are hundreds of ways of wording it - you just have to listen for it, my dear.
— John Patrick, The Curious Savage