z

Young Writers Society

Boston SUCKS!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:15 am
Hope says...

I love baseball, well softball rather but basically the same thing. I have to be supportive of my state's team and say go Royals. Ha ha.
Hope

Embrace the total dork in yourself, and enjoy it, because well... Life is to short to be cool.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:06 am
Meshugenah says...

Jack..what are we going to do with you? I'm dragging you to a baseball game somehow, someday, somewhere.

Nick.. yeah, I can see that, seeing as San Diego has the Padres and all :P

and morgan.. yeah. or here, around the collisuem (not A's fan, can't spell that) or SBC (oops, Pac Bell :roll:) park. you would be.. well.. San Francisco. use your imagination.

where are the tigers from, again? (complete blank..) and KC. not bad. do you guys still have santiago catching? he was one of the best the giants had.. but metheny's pretty darn good.. ok, I'll go away now.

DETRIOT! ha. remembered.

and I was this close to going to fenway over the summer.. meh.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:06 am
sabradan says...

Still, I must conclude: The only team worth cheering for is the Chicago White Sox. Thank you. GO SOX!
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:21 am
Snoink says...

Firestarter wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with EBM.

You're just jealous that we Americans always win in the World Series. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:20 pm
deleted6 says...

Er the only team i know is New York Yankies,

Go New York Yankies
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:05 pm
Firestarter says...

Jack, you shouldn't be calling baseball a bad sport, when you like CRICKET, which isn't a sport. Baseball and football (both kinds) are God's sports.

Cricket was played before baseball....

You're just jealous that we Americans always win in the World Series.

Classic American Tactic: When you can't beat anybody else, invent a World Tournament but only invite yourself.

I just found out my local team is the Manchester Eagles.

GO EAGLES! (sorry, I just wanted to feel involved in some way)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:44 pm
niteowl says...

I don't normally pay attention to baseball. But baseball games are fun on occasion (like once or twice a summer). Even if it is the Tigers.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

147 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:27 am
sabradan says...

The Tigers are like the Bad Boys of Baseball. They play so dirty. They try to clear out the dugout/bullpen by playing dirty ball.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:23 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Y'know, I just clicked on this thread because I thought it was going to be about the band Boston.

Baseball still sucks though.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

147 Reviews

Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:50 pm
sabradan says...

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:28 pm
Firestarter says...

Baseball is about as exciting as golf.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

147 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:15 am
sabradan says...

yet, you like CRICKET. Makes a *whole* lotta sense to me, Jack

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:24 am
Firestarter says...

What's wrong with cricket? At least some athleticism is involved, rather than baseball, where they sit around eating most of the time. Only in America.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:54 pm
Nai says...

Hey, random baseball newbie question, why does Chicago have more than one baseball team?

In terms of liking baseball, i'm with Jack, I think it's incredibly boring and I have no idea why some people like it so much.

I've tried to watch a baseball game with my cousins and my uncle, but I couldn't even watch it.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

147 Reviews

Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:41 pm
sabradan says...

Firestarter wrote:What's wrong with cricket? At least some athleticism is involved, rather than baseball, where they sit around eating most of the time. Only in America.

Baseball involves just as much athleticism as Cricket. They're basically the same thing, with some minor improvements via baseball. And they aren't EATING, Jack, they're CHEWING GUM. Why? I dont know...don't ask me.

Anair, Chicago has two teams because we can. Heh, no actually theyre each in a different league. The Cubs are National League, while the Sox or the American League. So, theoretically, if they both were good enough for the sereis, which wont happen because the Cubs suck hard, there could theoretically be a Cubs vs Sox World Series.

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson