z

Young Writers Society

*gack*

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:02 pm
Rei says...

Fortunately I don't get chain e-mails anymore. But anyway, power to the ubergeek! We rule the world! Or at least we should. Otaku unite.

*Randomly knock people's baseball caps and hits everyone without a cap with my empty water bottle*
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:21 pm
Sam says...

Are you saying that everyone has to speak in proper english when they're sending emails and talking to people on msn?

They should try. Being a grammar geek, it drives me crazy when I can't understand a single thing someone's saying.

YAY! POWER TO THE UBERGEEK!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:32 pm
Emma says...

Sam wrote:Are you saying that everyone has to speak in proper english when they're sending emails and talking to people on msn?

They should try. Being a grammar geek, it drives me crazy when I can't understand a single thing someone's saying.

YAY! POWER TO THE UBERGEEK!

I hate it when you go on msn and everyone is speaking all in proper english, it makes it longer for you to type anything!

Its not such a big problem and I use 'u, r, kewl, kk, wot' and what other ones there are, you can still read them!

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:06 pm
Rei says...

It bugs the heck out of me when people don't spell words properly. I get what you're saying with words taking longer to type. That's fine. But what's the excuse for spelling words like cool, kewl? It's the same number of letters, and the proper spelling is probably a fraction of a second faster anyway (yeah, I know, shut up) since it's got the same letter twice.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:42 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

And that the last two letters are practically next to each other.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:19 am
Matt Bellamy says...

Does anyone else here know the layout of letters on the keyboard pretty much off by heart? Or is that just sad? :P
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

685 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:06 pm
Rei says...

I think that's just sad.

685 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:07 pm
Rei says...

Not, actually, that's a good thing. It means you can type faster, without having to look. I can type pretty quickly, but I need to look.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:08 pm
Elizabeth says...

the layout? I remember where the keys are from 1-0 and a-z but then i get a blank (Aside fom shift and backspace and space :P)

685 Reviews

Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:45 pm
Rei says...

Yeah, I think pretty much anyone who writes a lot knows at least that part of the keyboard.

683 Reviews

Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:12 pm
Emma says...

I only know the letters on the keyboard, they're the only ones I can use, but Im the fastest typer in my comp class, plus I can look at the screen while typing, without looking down at my keyboard. xD

685 Reviews

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:09 am
Rei says...

They tried to teach me how to do that. Didn't work.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:21 pm
Chevy says...

If I'm not good at anything else, it's definitely typing. I often type faster than my brain can think. I've known where all the keys were since I was lile six years old and my fingers are so used to typing I only use my left pointer and my right middle finger and my right thumb (for space) and I go just as fast. All the other fingers just get in the way. I'd rather just move really fast. I don't see how people keep their fingers positioned in a certain place and don't move them from there until they get ready to use to mouse. Blashphemy.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

685 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:32 pm
Rei says...

Same here. I can type up to sixty words a minute just using my pointer and middle fingers, and my thumb for the space bar. I think I type around twenty words a minute when I try to type the way they taught me to. My pinkies are just useless when I'm on the computer.

683 Reviews

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:32 pm
Emma says...

Same, my poor little pinkies get left out. BAWAHAHA!!

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost