z

Young Writers Society

Howdy

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:08 pm
Cacophony says...

Hello. I'm Cacophony. At first I felt a little old too, but it looks like I'm not. I'm 19 which I suppose is still young, right? :wink: Anyway, I write mostly fantasy though I sometimes write other things too. I'll have to dig out some of my old writings and post them (after revisions of course) along with some new ones :) .

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:00 am
Nate says...

19 and 18 is definitely still young. 21 is old...

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:32 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, 21 is O-O-O-O-OLD...no offense, just kidding.
21 is pretty young still, you have about 60 years ahead of you! Well, if you don't fall of a cliff first... :D Not like...I would do anything...like...that... :D j/k

Whoa, there is a lot of members in this site already! It was started on what, monday? And already has almost 15 members or so. I saw, WELCOME everyone and I hope you will like this site, I do, I tell you that much right now! We will try to improve everyones writing and maybe editing skills so feel free to post ANYTHING you like even poems, short stories, nonfiction, anything! Dont worry how bad it is, it might even be really good, once you go over it and edit it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:09 pm
-KayJuran- says...

dont know if ive sed this already but im 16!
:)
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:28 pm
Perra says...

Hi ya! I'm Jessica(you can call me Perra), and I came from the same site that KayJuran, Crysi, EBM, and possibly others came from(Young Fantasy Writers). I live in Arkansas, USA, and I'll be 16 in December(like Crysi!) Wolves are my favorite animals, and I've been just as obsessed with them as Crysi is with dragons :D . Interests of mine include writing fantasy, drawing, readin, and daydreaming. I'm a romantic, pretty open-minded, and usually leaning towards optimistic. Also, I tend to be the slight bit of a perfectionist :wink: . But, I'm kind of lazy, too :) ........Hmmm.....Did I'm mention I'm not good with introducing myself?.....Although, this intro is pretty good.....I think.....I'm kind of shy and quiet(at least in real life, on the internet I'm a bit less introverted). Maybe I'll post part of my story soon....once I get over my board fright(instead of stage fright :wink: )....Ok, I think this is long enough.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:02 am
Crysi says...

*Tries to think*

I'm guessing you use another screenname on Daniel's site? I must know you.. Gah, it's going to drive me insane!

Forgive me for being so ignorant lol! :roll:
Love and Light

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:04 am
Nate says...

Wow... it seems like everyone is coming from Young Fantasy Writers

594 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:05 am
Crysi says...

It makes sense.. there are over 100 members there, I believe. It used to be such a small little forum..

Anyway, this is a great site, Nate! I'm glad you posted the link! :D
Love and Light

87 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:08 am
Perra says...

I'm Perrambawen there. Thus Perra here!

It also explains why the fantasy board in one of the more popular ones! :D
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

594 Reviews

Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:10 am
Crysi says...

*slaps self* DUH!

Wow.. I really do need sleep lol!
Love and Light

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:03 pm
electricbluemonkey says...

Yeah, go sleep. You need all the beauty sleep you can get...
*looks around and realizes Cyrsi's dragons are hovering over him*...Uh-oh...

j/k

So what were we talking about? Oh yeah, I figured out Perra was Perrambawen due to two things. Wolves and Arkansas...ah, Arkansas...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:09 am
Elelel says...

Hello Perra! I'm really FireBird with a new name. I changed it there too. I'm nearly 15, how many people here are younger than me? Not many by the looks of thngs...
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

87 Reviews

Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:03 pm
Perra says...

Hi Firebird! I guessed that was you, since you changed your name on YFW to the one you use here. Wait, you just said that. So, I should say I noticed and figured it out!

I'm nearly 16. Just have to wait until the end of December....
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:48 pm
Firestarter says...

Heya, never really properly introduced myself.

I came from writing.com, my name's Jack aka Firestarter (not an arsenist), I'm 16 and live in Manchester, England. Go to college. Like soccer, tennis, writing, reading, painting miniatures and playing computer games. Listening to indie/rock music.

I write mostly fantasy (or try to...) but try my hand in other stuff sometimes...I think I've got a bit hooked on writing love/romance stories, kinda like the emotional outpouring, I'm quite good at that, in writing terms anyway. Usually keep it bottled up otherwise.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Reviews: 3
Sat Nov 27, 2004 2:50 am
Norrin says...

hey, i'm tyler, my internet name you probably guessed is Norrin. I, like some other people i kno (crysi, kayjuran, perra and EBM) am from the young fantasy writers. Can't wait to see what this site offers
When traveling, always keep your eyes ahead, yet don't be afraid to look back.

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart