z

Young Writers Society

What would the world be like...

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:58 am
Matt Bellamy says...

What would the world be like if everyone in it was just like you?

If everyone was like me, the world would have much less talking and a lot more rock music, rap, hip hop, r'n'b and country music would be wiped out, everywhere would be messy but plans would be more organised, and everyone would be much more laid back and relaxed. There would be no need to grow cabbages anymore, and the Ben and Jerry's people wouldn't be able to make enough cookie dough ice cream to keep everyone satisfied.

Your turn!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:55 pm
Areida says...

Good Lord... a world full of Areida's... *twitch*

Well... television (except for the news, the weather, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Gilmore Girls, Smallville, Boy Meets World, and stuff like the Oscars) would be cancelled and everybody would be watching a whole lot more old movies. Nobody would die because they were in a car crash involving drunk drivers because I don't drink, so that might be kind of spiffy.

People would be really weird. Sometimes they'd be uberly hyper and bouncing off the walls, while at other times they'd be extremely quiet and withdrawn. Everyone would know the words to a minimum of twenty-five Disney songs and could sing them on command. Except, if everyone was like me, nobody would be able to sing very well...

Rap would pretty much die off. So would Gwen Stefani (I am thisclose to stabbing my stereo whenever "Holla Back Girl" comes on). Veggietales would become extremely popular. Sports would become less popular. Everyone would always be craving some sort of food, be it Oreos, or pretzels, or baked potatoes, or cookies.

People would read a lot. The bookstores would be jumping for joy. Teachers would be in heaven, because all the kids would actually DO their homework (I am such a geek. Ain't life grand?).

But, all in all, that would be pretty boring.

Cool topic, Matt!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:10 pm
Djinni says...

If everyone was like me they would:

Sleep whenever they like, listen to a mixture of music (expect for rap), be polite, drink a lot of tea, read a lot, wear weird clothes that don't match, everyone will HAVE to be veggies, chocolate would be everyones favourite food and rugby would be banned because I hate it.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:13 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

If everyone was like me, the world would be...

a much better place.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:31 pm
Crysi says...

*stares* A world full of ME?! *shudders* That's not a pretty picture.

Half the world would be depressed for seemingly no reason, and the other half of the world would be comforting and worrying about the first half. :roll:

Music would rule the world, and those currently considered "band geeks" would be worshipped. Wait - I'm section leader, so a world full of me... Does that mean they'd all be flute/piccolo-wielding section leaders?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock::shock::shock:
Love and Light

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:48 pm
Nai says...

If everyone was like me?

Nothing would get done except the fun stuff, or stuff the people felt like doing.

And women would be the ideal leaders, not men.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:15 pm
Muse says...

too sexy for words.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:23 pm
Snoink says...

Everyone would listen to each other and not talk.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:11 am
marching_gurl89 says...

Well everybody would be hippies and there would only be rock. Everybody would be reading a lot. Everybody would love history. The only channels would be pbs, news(cnn, msnbc,cnbc). There would only be liberals and nobody would watch the fox news channel because they have a huge conservative bias. THe world would be really really weird.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:05 am
niteowl says...

Well technically, if everyone was like me, we'd all be living like cavemen because I have no common sense. But assuming we have all the technology we do now...

Everyone would spend most of their time watching VH1 and on the computer. Video games would be nonexistent, as I don't play them. There would be no such thing as neatness/organization. There would be less/no rap music, more rock, and also clothing sizes wouldn't run so small because everyone would be fat like me. There would be almost no realistic fiction, and people would read a lot more obscure fantasy stuff. Everyone would get straight A's in school, and sports other than swimming wouldn't exist.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:08 am
Elelel says...

Well ... if everyone were just like me I think it's a safe bet that one ME would have access to any nuclear weapons lying about the place, in which case the world would be destroyed, because trust me, the world is only big enough for one ME. I think that the person I would most hate in this world, would be the one most like me.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said