z

Young Writers Society

Why do YOU write?

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:17 am
Fishr says...

Hmm..Interesting question. I have course been asked many times why I enjoy to write. Well...I guess first it is kinda manatory in school, lol. If you cannot write or read, you will run into problems. Through the years for me in school much of my work was published within the school or used as examples of a 'good' paper is meant to be. *shrugs* I wasn't until in my senior in high school, where I joined a class that was focused on reading and free writing(you could write whatever you wanted, within reason]that I found a teacher that liked my flow or words and how I interpeted life around me. This english teacher pushed me to my very limits with my writing. He helped me to fine tune my paragraphs, showed me how to edit on my own; removing unnessassary words and finding the 'right balence', meaning he tried teaching me how to draw in the reader and make them apart of my story.

After I graduated, I relized how much I enjoyed to write and I indeed have, I guess, a talent for it, as we all do on this board. Besides the fact, I live off the feedback and what emotions I receive from the reader after they finish my work. It makes it worth it. I love it! :D And still continue with it, so I don't lose my 'groove', lol.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:23 am
Duskglimmer says...

I write for one pure and simple reason: The characters in my head get mad at me if I don't write thier stories down.

I know that sounds a little crazy, but my characters live in my head, and they talk to me ALL the time. And if I don't write them down, they eventually start screaming at the top of thier lungs until I put pen to paper and turn them into something concrete.

*shushes L'ira who is currently yelling at her to get her out of the current predicament she's in*

And besides that, I love it. It relaxes me and makes me feel special. I'm the only one that can tell the story that's in my head. No one else can put it exactly the way I will and no one else can bring the same characters to life the way I can. It's a very empowering thought, no?
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:39 am
Areida says...

Great way to put it, Dusky. And don't worry, I know exactly what you mean. My characters ARE my muses.

Meg: That's a bunch of abstract trash, Areida. Do you even know what you're talking about?

Susannah: She probably doesn't. She just likes big words. Like you. You guys are annoying.

Fiona: Hush, Sannah.

Christine: Fi, be nice to the youngers.

Fiona: Oh, bite me.

Christine: Mercy, somebody's feeling tempermental today.

Fiona: *glares*

Susannah: *spots an attractive male and goes sprinting after him*

Meg: *rolls eyes* Oi vey.

You see what I mean? They're crazy I tell you.

Meg: *singsong voice* Not as crazy as yooo-ooou.

*grin* True.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

447 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:43 am
Duskglimmer says...

*laughs* oh yes... Sounds like the inside of my head. You should hear it when L'ira and Lainan get to fighting over my life!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:47 am
Snoink says...

LOL! How lucky! Some of my characters can't STOP talking about themselves, but others... gah. For one character, I had to get him absolutely drunk before he would tell me about him. Unfortunately, little did I know but he had cirrhosis. Oops...

After that he sorta... um... went into a coma. It was kind of bad.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:52 am
Areida says...

Mmm. That does sound unpleasant.

I actually said something out loud about them one day at school when I was really tired and not really paying attention. One of my friends in Latin class said, "Did you finish exercise F?" And I went, "Yeah. Meg would have killed me if I hadn't."

She just raised her eyebrow and went, "Who's Meg?" I was so embarrassed... she was one of those people who just wouldn't get it, if you know what I mean. So I just shrugged and pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about until she finally dropped it. *sheepish*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

447 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:54 am
Duskglimmer says...

I've never had that happen to me... yet... though I have this sinking suspicion that now that I've said that it's going to happen within the next 24 hours.
Boo. SPEW is watching.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb