z

Young Writers Society

Rock On!!!!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue May 31, 2005 1:08 pm
Sophie says...

What is your favourite rock song or band? And it HAS to be ROCK. Not pop. Not country. Nothing but rock. Any kind of rock. From old skool rock to punk rock to thrash metal to indie.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue May 31, 2005 2:05 pm
Chevy says...

Oh gosh. I don't know who's my favorite. But I do like Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, the Kinks, the Beatles (do they count?), Steriogram, ACDC, Metallica, From Autumn to Ashes, Underoath, Blindside, As I Lay Dying, Audio Adrenaline, Third Day, Seventh Day Slumber, Further Seems Forever, Starflyer 59, Kill Hannah, 3 Doors Down, All American Rejects, The Mamas and the Papas (do they count?), Death Cab for Cutie, Dashboard Confessional, Crossfade, Jet, Modest Mouse, Muse, Franz Ferdinand, The Libertines, The Eagles, The Streets, Weezer, Falling Up, Dead Poetic, Haste the Day, Kutless.

That's all I can think of for now.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 31, 2005 3:46 pm
Muse says...

muse
pink floyd
led zeppelin are good

hmm, a whole chunk of the British rock bands float my boat. They're so cool.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue May 31, 2005 6:43 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Led Zeppelin
The Who
Beattles
Green Day
Evanescene
are my favorites.I mainly listen to classic rock
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 31, 2005 6:50 pm
Firestarter says...

Normally I'd say Oasis but Liam Gallagher is really irritating me at the moment and the music they've done recently is pretty rubbish.

It's out of:

The Libertines
The Cure

and

The Clash
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue May 31, 2005 7:02 pm
Mattie says...

Mine would have to be Alkaline Trio. And just an artist out of the blue, I also like Anna Nalick. She's awesome.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue May 31, 2005 7:23 pm
Areida says...

Aerosmith and The Beatles.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Tue May 31, 2005 7:41 pm
Muse says...

oh god yeah, the beatles!! whooper shnapper.

98 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2005 7:54 pm
Sophie says...

Ooh good. We've got lots of people with good taste here.
Just want to warn you, if ever you hear a band called Crimson Drake and enjoy their music I will open a can of whoopass on you. If you actually buy their music I will have to kill you.

Carry on...

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue May 31, 2005 11:47 pm
Crysi says...

The Beatles, Evanescence, Green Day, Aerosmith.
Love and Light

98 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:45 pm
Sophie says...

Ok so... There seems to be a random hype of punk rock going on in Birtain at least - particularly on radio one. But which side of the punk scale are you more inclined to? The early, British, originals, the Sex Pistols? Or more recent, American, Greenday?
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:16 pm
ohhewwo says...

Chevy wrote:Oh gosh. I don't know who's my favorite. But I do like Aerosmith, Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, the Kinks, the Beatles (do they count?)

:shock: :evil:

"Do ... the Beatles ... count?" Do the Beatles COUNT?!?!?" Lady! The Beatles practicly introduced rock to America, and may well have been one of the biggest music revolutions on the face of the planet, and you're asking if they COUNT?!?!?! ... Well the answer is, yes ... they do count.

Sophie wrote:Ok so... There seems to be a random hype of punk rock going on in Birtain at least - particularly on radio one. But which side of the punk scale are you more inclined to? The early, British, originals, the Sex Pistols? Or more recent, American, Greenday?

Yeah, Sex Pistols and the Ramones are alright. Wasn't the first Sex Pistols album banned in the UK like, three days after it came out?

If you're gonna like punk in the US, you've got to go a little harder than Greenday. Like, I don't know ... NOFX? Anti-Flag? And so on and so forth.

let's see, mine would be Led Zepplin, At the Drive-In, Foo Fighters, Fugazi, The Mars Volta, Pixies, Feul, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Allman Brothers, Audio Slave, Sound Garden, David Bowie, Gov't Mule, Grand Funk Railroad, Joe Satriani, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Santana (his old stuff, not the new), Tonic, The Beatles ...

That's all I can think of right now.
"The only difference between me and a mad man is that I am not mad."
-Salvador Dali, surrealist

98 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:46 pm
Sophie says...

Ah, so NOFX count as punk do they? I guess. I've never been sure. But yeah, i guess you're right. They're alot more hard core. It's like dark ales versus piss-weak largers.
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:14 am
Fool says...

I am a rock person - all rock

Status Quo - Deep Purple - Rainbow - Greenday - Iggy Pop - Queen (I cant believe no one else has mentioned this music changing band!) The Beatles - Alice Cooper - The Cure - Led Zeppelin (stairway to heaven rocks) um, who else? New Order - Black Sabbath - Dire Straits - Duran Duran - The Clash - The Kinks - Bryan Adams - Def Leppard - Iron Madien - The Who - David Bowie and Pink Floyd

I also listen to as much live rock music as i can, 'cos it just sounds different live

The Sex Pistols album did get banned because of the song "God save the Queen" so they banned it, the album and the song
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:02 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Old stuff-the Kinks, Rainbow, Bon Jovi, The Hollies, Aerosmith, etc
New stuff-My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Korn, Muse, Placebo, Razorlight, The Killers, Linkin Park, Franz Ferdinand.

Best?
Queen. No question.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath