z

Young Writers Society

I HATE PACKING

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Tue May 24, 2005 2:07 am
Galatea says...

I HATE PACKING SO MUCH!!!!!!

Anyone have any tips on how to make the next 2 days considerably less stressful?!
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 24, 2005 2:10 am
Nate says...

Besides setting it all on fire...

I usually just cram it all in, not caring about what goes where or whatever. Also, don't think about it because the more you do, the more stress there is. But don't forget about those stupid small items. They take forever! Shampoo, ID's, figurines, etc. There's always way too much of them and it takes forever to get them packed.

What's worse than packing though is unpacking.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue May 24, 2005 3:20 am
Nai says...

::shrugs::

Get a friend to help you, that way you have to pack less so in turn it will be less stressful.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

128 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2005 6:07 am
Galatea says...

*sigh* You know you're stressed when chamomile tea won't relax you...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 24, 2005 4:50 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

Aww, my poor kimmie.
*exsessive snuggles and heartfelt kisses, enough to make any onlooker go into a diabetic coma, or vomit from the sweetness, bwa*
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue May 24, 2005 5:51 pm
Emma says...

I ask my mum and she gets stressed for me while she packs my stuff!

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Tue May 24, 2005 9:58 pm
Mattie says...

I hate packing too. What can really help you is if you pack only what you need, store things in bags, put socks in shoes and only bring ones that will fit into a suitcase unless where you're going requires certain types, and especially only pack a few things if there's a washer/dyer where you're going.

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Tue May 24, 2005 10:02 pm
nickelpickle says...

heh...i agree...unpacking stinks....

even if i am just going for three days or w.e, i put out my huge suitcase and take big armfuls of stuff and put it in the suitcase until my whole wardrobes in it :) heh....that way i dont forget a thing
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue May 24, 2005 10:34 pm
Nai says...

Galatea wrote:*sigh* You know you're stressed when chamomile tea won't relax you...

!!!

That's the kind of tea I drink!!

That sucks Gal, your too stressed. You either need a vacation, or more honey in the tea lol
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Tue May 24, 2005 11:41 pm
niteowl says...

Psst: Nai, she'd have to PACK for a vacation.

I've never had a problem with packing. At least until my mom gets into the action like she did when I was packing for Australia. Anything she gets involved in automatically makes it 10 times more stressful than it needs to be.

A little tip from personal experience: Make sure things in little bottles that look like shampoo and conditioner are actually shampoo and conditioner. One time when I went to summer camp I packed a little bag with three travel-size bottles which I THOUGHT were shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. They were actually three different types of body things, so I had not shampoo or conditioner the whole week! Luckily I borrowed from someone else.

128 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2005 12:21 am
Galatea says...

Unfortunately, I'm packing to go home--for summer holiday. When I get home, I'll have to UNPACK and clean my rooms, then I'll have to REPACK 'cause we're redoing my room this summer, and then I'll have to UNPACK and then REPACK in August to move back to school.

F*CK

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed May 25, 2005 1:34 am
Snoink says...

Poor Gal...

I packed today for a trip we were supposed to go on today, but... well... now we get to go on a 14-hour drive tomorrow. =/
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed May 25, 2005 1:42 am
Shadow Knight says...

Ha ha, sucks to be your Snoink :P
And i've never had a problem with packing, I pack every fortnight to go to my friend's house :P
What I do: Get a nice big bag, grab a few pairs of jeans, a T-shirt or 2, socks, underwear, and the other essentials.
That's about all I do when I pack, and the whole process doesn't take anymore than 5 minutes.
And as for the tea, 1 I don't like tea :P 2 It probably wouldn't relax me anyway, not many things can make me relax.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Wed May 25, 2005 3:09 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Gal, you can always do what I do:

DONT PACK!

It doesn't quite work when you need clothes or something, but for the most part, its easy.

Ah, j/k. But, hey, it will be over soon, right? I mean, packing isn't THAT bad. Is it? I don't hate packing, I actually like it. Ooh, I know what terminates stress! Massages! They work really well...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

128 Reviews

Wed May 25, 2005 3:41 am
Galatea says...

I wouldn't mind packing if it wasn't in the midst of the end-of-the-year hustle and bustle. Finals are TOMORROW and we have to be out by THURSDAY at 11 AM!! That's RIDICULOUS.

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath