z

Young Writers Society

Don't you just hate it when...

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed May 07, 2008 8:40 pm
chocoholic says...

It eat's up your posts?

I just finished writing a really long review, and then my hand accidently slipped and went back, deleting the entire thing!

It's so annoying when the computer does that!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

I've done that so many times it isn't funny!

I mean I had started up my first ch. on Get over it my friend and when I posted it I didn't have enough points. I only had it on the posting thing and on slight memory but I'd say the first one was better.

Nate needs to make a Saved to Drafts if you don't have enough points to post a story.

Sorry I just kinda got off subject there didn't I?
Last edited by myfreindsavamp on Wed May 07, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed May 07, 2008 9:22 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Pokes amber, then points to spellcheck*

Anyways, I hate it when I post things too fast together. If I post something, I often edit it, and it deletes what I added when it tells me I've posted too close together. I've made a habit now to copy everything I've written, so I can paste it back and wait if that happens.

Amber: maybe save everything to drafts? That way, you won't lose anything, and you can just delete the drafts at the end of the day if you have submitted them.

I don't see how people run out of points - we get 300 to begin with! Then, as long as you don't post too much in the threads that take points, you just go up. (Unless you start a storybook - those are killer.)

I'm very happy - I now have 666 posts and 222 critiques! Yay! :lol: [/randomness]

~JFW1415

Edit: Ha, this just happened when I tried to edit! :roll:

Anyways, what I said was this: amber, you should write your stories in Word or something. Then, when YWS is down, you still have them. Also, it comes with a handy-dandy spellcheck! :wink:

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 pm
Perra says...

I always copy my posts just in case, especially if there's a slight delay before they're posted. I also copy and paste longer ones into Notepad and occasionally save them. And I always copy and save them if they're a long review. Too many times have I written out something and had it swiped away from me by the computer.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Wed May 07, 2008 10:02 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

My computer is always being a loser. Its constantly going in and out of its internet connection so when I press "Submit!" theres a stupid pop-up thing in the corner saying, "Yeah... you lost your connection." So like everybody's been saying I highlight everything and press "copy" so if it does something like that I can just go back and press "paste."

If you don't have enough points just post it onto a notepad or microsoft word document and go back to it later.

Can I do a "Don't you just hate it when??"

Okay. Don't you hate it when you work so hard on a story, know its imperfect and expect at least a half-hearted critique? So you finally get a review and it says, "That was soo great! I can't wait until I read the next part!"

*Throws head back* AHH!!
Got YWS?

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed May 07, 2008 11:45 pm
JFW1415 says...

LoveableLittleSock wrote:Okay. Don't you hate it when you work so hard on a story, know its imperfect and expect at least a half-hearted critique? So you finally get a review and it says, "That was soo great! I can't wait until I read the next part!"

*Nods* Luckily, I've only gotten one of those (on this site) so far. They're so annoying.

People are here to help. Sprinkle compliments in the critique, but be useful! *Shakes fist at annoying members*

Thank goodness we don't have many of them here. They all get scared away by our serious-ness. (Haha, I make up words. :lol: )

~JFW1415

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu May 08, 2008 6:10 am
chocoholic says...

Yeah. I've had that. Fortunately everybody on YWS is great, and most of the critiques I recieve make me depressed rather than annoyed (okay not so great. But still- they're helpful)
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

Brain freezes are temporary, but milkshakes are forever.
— SilverNight