z

Young Writers Society

Weird things you did when you were a kid

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat May 14, 2005 2:10 am
Crysi says...

Hmm.. You'll have to teach me how. I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 am
Elelel says...

I've broken my arm three times. (same arm too!) Once, when I was two (I don't remember this) I fell out of our four wheel drive ... it wasn't moving. A second time, I tried to do flips on one of those mini trampolines when I was about 6. I saw I was coming down head first, so stuck out my arm to save my head (pretty smart thinking considering I only had a second to think up that ingenious plan and was 6) The third time ... I was 4 or 5, I know it happened before the second one I listed, but this was the worst broken arm I've ever had. When some nurses saw the X-ray, they apparently approached my mum and asked her if the bone was sticking through the skin (fortunately, it wasn't). I remember sitting in the waiting room of the hospital not being able to move my arm at all. When ever it slipped into a bad position, I asked dad to shift it. What happened to cause this atrosity was ... I fell off the back of an arm chair onto a slate floor. Bizzare. I was crawling across the back of the armchair (it was a pretty tall arm chair) like I did often, and I closed by eyes for a minute ... the next thing I remember I was on the floor, crying because my arm REALLY REALLY hurt. Fun.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat May 14, 2005 2:15 am
Zion says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:
Crysi wrote:Spray him with a house? That would be difficult.

Pretty easy once you master the skill, though.

Hehe, nice Hunter. Very nice....

Arvy! Poor Jessy...how could you?! I mean, at least do it to a cat, not a dog!

EBM, in case you didnt knew, dogs are not the smartest creatures around. They only have blind obidience and stronger empathy, but are not smarter than the sharp eyed cold hearted cats. But I love cats more than dogs, and I acctually grew up with cats, so theres no way.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sat May 14, 2005 2:17 am
Elizabeth says...

Fallen out of a car, burned my hand, got chased by dogs, had a crush, during naptime i punched the girl who sucked her thumb in kindergarten, i messed up my speeches, i embarassed myself by saing HELP ME MOMMA I CAN'T SEE and then I cheated on my boyfriend. Yes, I have truely lead a dull life. (vanishes from existence)

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat May 14, 2005 2:21 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Crysi wrote:Hmm.. You'll have to teach me how. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Its all in the wrist, all in the wrist...

Well, heres something that happened today:

Eek, I can barely hear anything. Well, me and my friends Michael and Ray had sprite bombs, and I had a carazy idea of putting them into Dots candy. Well, I threw it and it made a REALLY LOUD noise. Well, then I put two sprite bombs in one, and as I held it, it exploded and sparks flew in my eye. For 30 minutes all I could hear was a ringing sound, and I still can't hear that much. It was a painful, yet fun experience...
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Random avatar

Sat May 14, 2005 2:27 am
Elizabeth says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:
Crysi wrote:Hmm.. You'll have to teach me how. I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Its all in the wrist, all in the wrist...

Well, heres something that happened today:

Eek, I can barely hear anything. Well, me and my friends Michael and Ray had sprite bombs, and I had a carazy idea of putting them into Dots candy. Well, I threw it and it made a REALLY LOUD noise. Well, then I put two sprite bombs in one, and as I held it, it exploded and sparks flew in my eye. For 30 minutes all I could hear was a ringing sound, and I still can't hear that much. It was a painful, yet fun experience...

UM yeah, if i did this wrong then it's because i only used the QUOTE BUTTON once before... anyway... FUN!!! ... Maybe it's just the telephone though.... crazy kids... OFFA MY LAWN

94 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2005 2:28 am
Zion says...

Of course yo urealize that you could be mute or blind for life dont you EBM? Why people cant just face the fact KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT. I mean, what part of the sentance they odnt understand?
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Sat May 14, 2005 2:33 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Product and children...hey, they have to be more specific!

Hey, and if I am mute or deaf for life...wait, mute? Why mute? If I am deaf, I wouldn't care...really.

But I did "keep away children from the product". Hey, I didn't let anyone else use it.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

221 Reviews

Elelel says...

As soon as a kid sees the sign "keep out of reach of children", they're attarcted to the product like ants to a picnic! I mean, there must be a reason they 're not allowed it, right? And that's probably because it's dangerous, therefore risky, therefore fun.
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Elizabeth says...

Apparently keep away. But laws are there to protect us yet it is so tempting to think they are there to be broken. the only reason kids and me do stupid things is because we dont' obey rules, don't pay attentin, want attention or are hyper on sugar...

I remember the time... when I threw a rock at a 6th grader, ran like hell home and did my alphabets (first grade)

94 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2005 2:37 am
Zion says...

Éloeré wrote:As soon as a kid sees the sign "keep out of reach of children", they're attarcted to the product like ants to a picnic! I mean, there must be a reason they 're not allowed it, right? And that's probably because it's dangerous, therefore risky, therefore fun.

I know and thats stupid. Weird, when I read that sign I would not touch it even if my life depended on it. When I was a brat I was considered about bigger things. TOys first, my drawings, the giant boardgames I was amking (2o of them thank you very much) money and power and getting the things I would desire, no matter the cost.
Hey dont look at me like that! :P

Immanuel Kant

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat May 14, 2005 2:37 am
Crysi says...

When I was in first grade, this girl pretended she was a dog and she bit me.

So I told on her.

Lol, the innocense of kids..

When I broke my leg, I started crying and my mom was on the phone. She thought I was just tired, so she put me to bed. I woke up and I started crying again and I told her my leg hurt. She took me to the doctor then lol.
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Sat May 14, 2005 2:39 am
Elelel says...

Rules are made to be broken.

WEll, they couldn't be broken unless they were made, right? So that implies they were the reason they were made. Case closed.

I still act way to much like a little kid to be called mature.
--Music and Lyrics

Random avatar

Sat May 14, 2005 2:43 am
Elizabeth says...

... IT'S ALL SO CONFUSING

Gosh... your mom put u to sleep with a broken leg???? JEBUZZ CRIPES... how old were you? 4 maybe 5 i can get but.... older than that.... you're family has a nutty gene! :-D Kind of like mine, only there are a lot of cases of depression, mental illness, adultry and such....

i remember i was swinging n a swing with a dress that ties in the back, the ties were undone, i jumped, they got caught in the chain, i SLAMMED agains the gravel on my stomach, first of all that was what hurt. No big right? with my toucgh girl attitude (while i'm in a dress whoo hoo...) I said THAT WAS FUN LET'S DO THAT.... then i looked at my finger... it was bleeding, i totally ripped open the part where it bends... it was bleeding but it didnt fall off. So i began to cry. Tough girl no more.... there is a scar, i didn't notice it before, well i did but i didn't know how i got it....

THANK YOU BRAINS

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat May 14, 2005 2:57 am
Nai says...

Well there are two things in particular I remember.. one is just one event, the other I did all the time.

I told this story before, but it was the time where I was biking down a hill fast and I just stuck my foot in the spokes and did a complete flip over the handle bars.

The other...

Everytime it rained while I was home, I would go outside and stand in my open backyard. I don't know how it started, I don't know why I did it, I just stood in the rain. No matter how wet I got, no matter how dark it was, no matter how loud the thunder (if any), I would just stand out there until I felt like coming back inside. This started happening around 7 or 8 and I stopped doing it when I moved away from the house a grew up in around 12
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain