Young Writers Society

Weird things you did when you were a kid

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:06 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Definitely a gross memory, but I strongly remember trying to put peas in my nose when I was five or six. As you do.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:11 am
View Likes
Shady says...

aha -- I honestly remember very little about my childhood, but there was sourgrass that I liked to chew and also would suck the nectar from purple clover, and my sister definitely convinced me to try normal grass at one point xD

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:45 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Something poetic about that Shady, I dunno~

Not sure if this is strange but it's a good memory! :)

I remember I was really into those Spy Kid movies as a kid, and I also really struggled to tell time / make sense of time - but still would wear a watch every single day for a while in elementary - and I would pretend that my digital watch was like that watch on spy kids and would make-believe throughout the day that I could use it as a walkie-talkie or a camera etc. and I would click the different buttons on it and then make-believe I was on secret spy business just pretending to be a student as a "cover story". @_@ When I put on digital watches to this day I still kind of get that feeling for a moment, like maybe I'm being summoned to some secret mission xD

Also did anyone else always mix like all the citrus soda flavors in the pop-machine as a kid? ie. mix up blue-powerade + lemonade + sprite + mellow yellow + mountain dew + orange Fanta altogether? because I definitely did that all the time and occasionally still do sometimes, though the excitement of mixing up the "Ultimate Soda Flavor" has diminished a slight bit.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

935 Reviews

Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:27 am
View Likes
Shady says...

haha that's really cute! My little brother had a friend who I legitimately thought his name was Cody because he'd call himself Agent Cody Banks and I thought he was just owning it being his name, too. But no. His name is Sam xD

[they/he]

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:23 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

When I was a child, I liked to pull out leaves from hedges and rub them with a stone and smell the leaves. xD But I know that there were some people at school who did that, so I wasn´t alone.

When I was a kid, I used to have this habit when my grandparents were talking in the car that I would turn the music in my CD player (anyone remember that?) down so low that I could hear what they were saying. Always thinking, they would speak about me.

As a child, I collected Pokémon cards - like everyone else at the time - and always made sure that I could trade my cards for those of a friend / classmate, in German or English. We somehow had a mix of French, Dutch and Japanese cards in the schoolyard. I wanted to have some unity in them because I couldn´t read the others not. (I even thought that the Dutch cards were fakes because it sounded just like fake German)

Whenever the occasion came that I needed to be picked up from school, I would sneak out the back and go to her place with a friend to play video games. Until my sister told me where I was because my parents were of course worried. xD

When I played with friends, I always tried to pretend I was a moderator and commented on everything.

In the car at night, I always imagined that someone was jumping over poles and roofs and following us on foot, and I usually drew the path with my finger or head where the person would jump. If that makes sense.

I think that's enough for today. xD
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:57 am
Shady says...

Same sister I referenced above would always go "God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt" as her justification for eating food off the ground lol and she also convinced me that Doritos actually tasted better if you put them in the dirt first so I definitely intentionally ate a dirty Dorito once lol also mind you all these things happened when I was like 5/6 so I can't be blamed for my gullibility lol she's 6 years older than me so I trusted her haha

[they/he]

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:59 am
NewHope says...

When in the car I still do the same thing as Namedy. In the day I even do a fire ball that can only land on cars, people and grass.

935 Reviews

Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:05 am
Shady says...

That sounds fun

[they/he]

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:13 am
MailicedeNamedy says...

It is!
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:27 am
NewHope says...

Yes. Especially when you are angry...
Swan Queen's little sister in-law/caretaker since 2022

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:38 pm
WinnyWriter says...

My siblings and I (at least me and my sister) used to think that Gorilla Glue was like literally the strongest substance in the world. Sometimes while waiting for someone to get done shopping, we'd just start on a roll going, "What if you could Gorilla Glue (insert person's name) where they are right now?" And I guess we'd predict what they'd probably be doing right then, and we'd think it was so funny that they'd be stuck that way forever (as we thought). Strange and delightfully weird children we were.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:46 pm
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I put floor cleaner in the dish washer and it bubbled up like it does in cartoons
Uhh can’t remember if I already said this somewhere else
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov