z

Young Writers Society

I'm In The Washington Post

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:34 am
Nate says...

heh, my girlfriend and I went to see the Washington Nationals play the Florida Marlins today, and even though the Nats lost 10 to 7, it was still a ton of fun. The new stadium looks great, a random guy ended up giving us two tickets right behind home plate (awesome!), and I got interviewed on the Metro by a reporter from the Washington Post.

Some fans were left behind on the platform at L'Enfant Plaza as Green Line trains filled up. Others crammed into trains, their red Nationals caps touching. "I was hoping to beat this by leaving early," Nathan Caldwell of Bethesda said. "I guess not."

Link to the article here.

So, quite a good night! Going to a baseball game is always a lot of fun, but tonight was just as good as if the Nationals won. A few pictures below.
Attachments
100_0311-1.JPG
100_0311-1.JPG (63.38 KiB) Viewed 293 times
100_0314-1.JPG
100_0314-1.JPG (48.01 KiB) Viewed 293 times
100_0316-3.JPG
100_0316-3.JPG (62.53 KiB) Viewed 293 times

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 am
View Likes
Via says...

Woo! Go you!

And I definitely have your girlfriends sweatshirt. It's hanging on my bedpost ;)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:21 am
gyrfalcon says...

:D Yay! I always knew Nate would be in the papers.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:11 am
Firestarter says...

Haha, that's cool.

I don't understand you Americans though. Go to watch your team and enjoy them losing? Weird.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm
Aedomir says...

You always pick the greatest of lines to say, :wink:.

I would have thought creating the YWS would be more of a reason to be in the post, instead of waiting for a train, but hey, go you!
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:28 pm
Layleun says...

Well, Jack, we have a very good sense of 'Team spirit'. We don't care if we lose, just watching our teams makes us happy ^.^ And yes, Americans are a very odd bunch *pats self on head*

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:54 pm
Firestarter says...

Pfft. That's not what sport is about.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:15 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Yeah, seriously. Sports is about watching sweaty guys run around being all rough & tough. ^^

That's very cool though Nate. Cute girlfriend. :P
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:54 pm
Cade says...

Nate, you should've plugged YWS:

Quote:

Some fans were left behind on the platform at L'Enfant Plaza as Green Line trains filled up. Others crammed into trains, their red Nationals caps touching. "I was hoping to beat this by leaving early," Nathan Caldwell of Bethesda said. "I guess not. AND ALSO YOUNGWRITERSSOCIETY.COM ROCKS. THANK YOU."
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah