z

Young Writers Society

Grammatical Errors In Public

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Mon May 19, 2008 1:04 am
JFW1415 says...

helpless42 wrote:I once saw a sign that said "eat here and get gas." instead of "eat here, and get gas."

Eh, commas are tricky. Many people will argue that what they had was correct, while others will say that it's not.

And I don't mind errors in books, as long as there aren't many. Really, no one can catch everything. There are thousands and thousands of words in there! And everyone has different views on commas.

Besides, it's fun to find the errors in books. :wink:

But if I found millions, I'd get out a red pen and fix it. :roll:

~JFW1415

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed May 21, 2008 8:24 pm
Rei says...

There is a restaurant near my house that has a "Help wanted" sign in the window.

It looks like this:

Help Wanted
Apply To Day
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed May 21, 2008 8:40 pm
Commando588 says...

Rei wrote:There is a restaurant near my house that has a "Help wanted" sign in the window.

It looks like this:

Help Wanted
Apply To Day

lol :) :D
You can only be Lost in one place for so long. After awhile you just call it home.

I could say a thousand words and break your heart. Or I could never say one, and break it just the same.
------------

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed May 21, 2008 8:58 pm
Esmé says...

I saw something similar in my city. 'course, it wasn't really in English, but when you translated it from Polish, it would turn out to be something along those lines... It was there, for a few days, and then someone crossed that out with a pen (the whole not was printed, mind you) and made a correction.

And "Europeans" as "europeans". In the newspaper. In an obituary of some politician, to be exact.

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality