z

Young Writers Society

Phobias

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon May 09, 2005 8:15 am
Elelel says...

First of all, I cannot understand are afraid of heights ... I LOVE heights! Give me a tree and I'm half way up before you blink, highropes are soooo fun ... and spiders. I poke them with sticks. I mean, sure if they jump at you or surprise you, but otherwise I think they're funny. And snakes are the most beautiful animals I've ever seen.

anyway... I suppose I'm scared of anything I cannot physically bash up (well, I have never had to except with my brother but as long as the possiblity is there I'm fine with it) if it hurts me. I really, really am a complete wuss around anything like that.

And murderers. I have this thing where I think someone's going to sneak into my room at night and kill me. I refuse to sleep facing the wall next to my bed because of this. I must always sleep where if I wake up, I will instantly see everything in the room.

And ... being underground. I suppose this one comes with my love of heights ... when I can't see the sky (buildings are Ok, just not caves and overhangs) I freak out. I'll leap over rocks and never slip, but walk into a cave and I start to sweat. *shudders* But it's not enclosed spaces that I hate ... just the thought of all that rock and dirt above me that I can't control. Hey! It's knid of like the fear of not being in the possition of saving myself thing! Only just realised that ...
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon May 09, 2005 8:40 am
Shadow Knight says...

I never realized how long i've had my fear of heights, a tale from when I was about 3: Some guy i've never heard of before, was holding me, and chucked me up in the air slightly, and it terrified me, and I got really angry and tried to hit him.

I remember none of that though.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon May 09, 2005 12:01 pm
Zion says...

From what am I afraid....I love water. Vast, wonderful, to dive inside and never go out. I love diving. But for some reason when I see the sea or lake from a distance I start to feel strange. Reptiles? Hahaha I love reptiles. Snakes, lizards all teh sorts. But the one thing im afraid the most is losing my mind....
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Mon May 09, 2005 4:59 pm
Muse says...

Wax models...the really realistic ones, like in madame tussauds in London.

Heights, im petrified of them.

spiders, kind of.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue May 10, 2005 12:03 am
neonshorty says...

I hate oceans...they are sooooooooo big and just there, I guess it might be the thought of dying slowly, but thats just my demented mind.

I also can't eat if it is too loud, thats off topic, but yea...

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu May 12, 2005 3:11 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I'm scared of drowning, I hate the thought of just not being able to breathe and your lungs filling up with water...

Reviews: 1
Thu May 12, 2005 3:16 pm
chika says...

i hate oceans just the thought of swimming with sharks, and other large animals it's a scary place to die

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Thu May 12, 2005 6:53 pm
Emma says...

dreaming_mouse wrote:I'm scared of drowning, I hate the thought of just not being able to breathe and your lungs filling up with water...

You would be even more scared if it happened to you, it is scary because you're unable to keep your self on top of the water, to not go underneath..

NEVER try to save someone who is heavier or just a bit lighter than you, because you could end up drowning as well.. >.<

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Thu May 12, 2005 7:02 pm
deleted6 says...

I know why i am afraid of heights it when i lived in Soraba and i was out picking Blueberries with my Mum my Cousin and my Frend.When i heard my Mum call i ran round the back of the hill and fell down this bit of path that went in far too much i was hanging on to a rusty fence it seemed like ages screaming help my Mum could hear but since she deaf in one ear she could not figure out wat direction i was in.Then wat seem like hour until my frend called Tash heard me pulled me up just when the fence broke i relize that why i am afraid of heights aka Vertigo
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

You must never give into despair. Allow yourself to slip down that road, and you surrender to your lowest instincts. In the darkest times, hope is something you give yourself. That is the meaning of inner strength.
— Uncle Iroh