z

Young Writers Society

1930's theatre

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 am
the_red_gem says...

Hey Guys,
If you just want the point just go to the bottom.
At school I'm doing a project on 1930's theater. I cant find that much info and i was wondering if anyone knew any keywords that could be helpful to look-up in google. Don't worry its not seriously urgent. So far i know that 1939 was when colour film first came out. Judy Garland in Wizard of Oz also came out that year. I think it was when gangsta movies where really popular and dramatic kinda stuff like gone with the wind. I chose it because of the double-breasted tweed suits and low back glittery dresses. Very smart if you ask me. But I've babbled for a bit too long now so the point is....

I need information on 1930's theater.

Thanks,
Red

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:23 am
ohhewwo says...

Back then, there were no "gangstas..." Just "gangsters" ... There's a difference. Duh!

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:10 am
the_red_gem says...

I realise that there is a difference its just my internet slang coming through again.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:07 pm
Shriek says...

Sounds to me like you want information on movies more than theater, with the whole Gone With the Wind/Wizard of Oz thing. But here's a wonderful website on musical theater if you're interested: http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/index.html The 'milestones' section has an interesting timeline that could be helpful.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck with your project. It sounds fun. ^_^
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec