z

Young Writers Society

A Round of Applause for Suz

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:18 pm
Dream Deep says...

Ah, January. That magical, snow-bound time of year when writers are still hungover from too much Christmas egg nog and too little writing. As a result, even less writing gets done, and all of our lethargic tendencies form a deluge of winter blues. Suzanne, however, seems perpetually unaffected by this phenomenon, and I think today she deserves some applause and congratulations: Death Machine found its way to first-draft-completion yesterday. ^_^

*breaks out the celebratory cake and [s]champagne[/s] fruit juice*

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:30 pm
Emerson says...

Champagne makes me sick anyway. As does wine.

Yeah, it was cool! I don't think I would have finished it if I hadn't docked 2 chapters, and made one really long one for 27. I originally had to write 4 chapters this weekend but it ended up being 2! The other ones were just me wanting something to happen between scenes because time freaks me out. XD If you pay close attention, everything happened in about three weeks. hahhaa. That will get fixed.

As nasty as the draft is, I'm glad it's over. I can improve now! *throws confetti* and the ending was overwhelmingly satisfying. I kept wandering around the house thinking about it and getting teary-eyed. It did magical things I didn't know I had the power to do with writing. Haha. So yeah.

Er. *bows?* Even though it seems to be just you and me squawking at the moment. ^_^ And do keep in mind I want all your comments on the ending, hah, not a brief comment on how my mathematical errors are so obvious.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:31 pm
View Likes
Bella says...

*claps*

Good Job Suzanne!!!!

^ - ^

~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm
Rydia says...

It is an excellent achievement, Suzanne and I expect to see the finished novel published this time next year, yes?

Well done!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:39 pm
Firestarter says...

Yay! More Death Machine talking.

I need to read it now!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Emerson says...

You people are all loony. xD

Heather, there is no way it is going to be published in '09. I have so much editing to do, and historical fact checking, and lining up times of things and making sure it is correct... Half of my editing will be for history, haha. But, it's worth it.

I don't want to get too ambitious with myself, hah, but maybe in a few years I'll at least be sending it to agents...?

You people make me happy, loony or not. *hugs YWS* I'm sure if it wasn't for this site and for everyone's enthusiasm I wouldn't have finished. There were several places before even writing that I wanted to throw it against the wall and give up. Despite what some people *coughjackcough* think, that wasn't my own drive that saved me. Usually it was Dreamy's reassuring words, and Sam's shouts. "You can edit later!" "What does it matter?" "That's funny. But keep writing!" I don't think anyone could finish a novel in todays world without someone yelling at them now and then about the fact that they haven't written in a week or so, haha.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:52 pm
Dream Deep says...

What are you talking about, people yell at me to write all the time. I've just become extremely adept at ignoring them. XD

*hugs*

I am utterly proud of you, either way. Even with the long dark tunnel of manuscript editing ahead of you. Even if - especially if - I get to toss in some thoughts or impressions now and again. Even if you do need some work on the Arithmetic of Love. ^_~

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:18 pm
Prosithion says...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pops cork on champagne bottle*

Huzzah for Suzanne!

hip hip HUZZAH!
hip hip HUZZAH!
hip hip HUZZAH!

-Pros
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:09 pm
Areida says...

Yayyyyy Suz! You rock my socks, sister! I'm so proud of you for finishing; that in and of itself is a major accomplishment.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:34 pm
Meshugenah says...

Anna! *hugsstranglestackles*

That's amazing, your word count astounds me, and I can't wait to be waiting up at midnight to buy like three copies (one to read, two to send to you to sign. At least two. Yes).

Oooh, link to read!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:20 pm
Layleun says...

I breezed by the title and I thought it said 'A Round of Applesauce for Suz"

So here I am to give a round of Applesauce. *chucks applesauce at everyone*

On a little bit more serious note, congrats Suz! I've tried many times to even start to write a complete novel but it never went over too well. I hope your book gets printed one day ^.^

~Lupe

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:27 pm
Sam says...

Tillychan!

*is still dancing about* Ich lese dein Buch...und ich finde das toll, und sehr schön. Ludger ist ein Sexytier, ich glaube...

[We'll just assume I know the German word for "sexy". ^_~]

Bah, it's completely yummy. The work will be long, and hard, and mostly tedious, but I do believe you have something great on your hands. Er...from your hands? Whatever. Long story short: it's amazing.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:31 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

*tacklehugs*

This is so fantabulous!

:D
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:29 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

That's brilliant, Claudette! Well done!!!!
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

2058 Reviews

Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:48 am
Emerson says...

Sam wrote:Ludger ist ein Sexytier, ich glaube...

You do not know how much that scares me. (I could only write that in Germglish pieces.) Really. Maybe you haven't gotten to the scary bits, but Ludger is ein scarytier. Werdo. :-P

Thank you everyone. ^_^ Hopefully the encouragement will carry over into the second draft and I will finish it! Right now I can't figure out what to do first: reread, or research. I think rereading will happen first...

Poetry and prayer are very similar.
— Carol Ann Duffy