Wait... you're 16...

How come you get to drive a car?
I wrote the above just for you.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:16 pm
niteowl says...

How old do you have to be in England? Around here it's 14 and 9 months oto get your permit, 15 to take the test, 16 to get your restricted license (can't drive alone between midnight and 5 am) and 17 for unrestricted. It may be different in other areas, but that's the law in Michigan.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:20 pm
Firestarter says...

You have to be 17 in England to start learning (provisional license).
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:17 am
Tessitore says...

ElectricBlueMonkey wrote:By the way, what does the sticker on the back of your truck say?

Just curious...

Alright, I have four (once had eight) bumper stickers on my truck. They are as follows from the left to the right (one of which you DO NOT see):

-"Les Claypool for President"

-"You May Say That I'm a Dreamer But I'm Not the Only One"

-"All Gods Fail"

-"The Reason That We Start A War Is To Fight A War, Win A War And Therefore Cause No More War. -George W. Bush"

On my back window I used to have a SHAG cat, A Perfect Circle emblym, an anarchy symbol which was right next to a peace sign.

Yup.

Booya.

Cuddlefish is... mighty.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:24 am
Areida says...

Firestarter wrote:You have to be 17 in England to start learning (provisional license).

niteowl wrote:How old do you have to be in England? Around here it's 14 and 9 months oto get your permit, 15 to take the test, 16 to get your restricted license (can't drive alone between midnight and 5 am) and 17 for unrestricted. It may be different in other areas, but that's the law in Michigan.

Really?

In Texas, you can get your permit as soon as you're fifteen. With a permit, you can only drive with a licensed adult in the front seat (21 and older). Then, you must have your permit for a minimum of 6 months and be sixteen to get your license. For the first six months you have your license, you can only drive your immediate family and one other non-related person. After that I think all restrictions are removed.
Last edited by Areida on Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:48 am
Galatea says...

In Colorado you can get your permit at 15, if you're enrolled in Driver's Ed. If not, you have to wait until 15 1/2. At 16 you get your liscence. No restrictions.

Oh Tess I'm so sorry about Cuddlefish! I don't know what I'd do if Tsuki bit it...
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

Who wants to become a writer? And why? Because it’s the answer to everything. It’s the streaming reason for living. To note, to pin down, to build up, to create, to be astonished at nothing, to cherish the oddities, to let nothing go down the drain, to make something, to make a great flower out of life, even if it’s a cactus.
— Enid Bagnold