z

Young Writers Society

Sleeping in...

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:01 am
Shadow Knight says...

God damn, I stayed up all night last night, and went to sleep this morning, and I woke up AND IT'S BLOODY 4:40 PM! GRRR! I hate sleeping in past 11 am.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:04 pm
Emma says...

Well it DOES serve you right for doing an all nighter. You didn't go to sleep to AT LEAST 10 am!!

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:40 pm
Rei says...

I don't get how people end up having to pull all-nighters. Don't you think that could be a sign of poor time management?

Insomnia sucks.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:47 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I don't fall asleep till at least 5am most nights...mornings anyway lol so I just stay up reading/writing or attempting to learn my crappy lines. I hate it when I fall asleep though and people come in and wake me up ¬¬ they say I'm being lazy but how active can you be with only 2/3hrs sleep?!

685 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:51 pm
Rei says...

That's not very healthy, Mouse. Gotta get more sleep than that. It'll help you remember your lines, anyway.

49 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:56 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

It's not as easy as that though, I'll go to bed at 11 most nights once I've finished everything btu it will take me hours to fall asleep. Nothing works, sleeping pills, rescue remedy, warm milk, hot chocolate, counting sheep. Once I got wasted at a mates party and that was the best nights sleep I ever had, but I don't feel like having to get drunk everyngiht just to get to sleep. Anyway I hate alcohol, it's gross.

685 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:58 pm
Rei says...

I hear you on that one. I can't stand the way alcohol tastes. Beer is the worst. (smell-wise, anyway, I never have tasted it)

49 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:59 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I don't get how people can taste wine and be like, this one is better. They all taste the same to me :? and I think that brown stuff is the worst. Baileys or Penacolada (Sp) it smells gross and tastes absolutely minging, sour milk

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:05 pm
Emma says...

I have never slept in past 11 so I am sooo lucky. :D

Sometimes I cant get to sleep until really late but not alot.

685 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:05 pm
Rei says...

Yeah. i think I'm the only one in my family who doesn't have wine on passover yet now that none of us are too young.

49 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:51 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

At christmas everyone drinks wine but me, I'm underage but that never really mattered. I'm dreading my 18th now because I don't want to get plastered but I know I will.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:16 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

I've only had wine once but I thought it was good. It tasted like grape soda with a twine or however you spell it. But I swore I'd never drink again.

Anyway, I always sleep good no matter what time I go to bed. I'm a heavy sleeper. Just to show you how heavy a sleeper I am, I slept through a whole hurricane.
For now I will let the blood drip from my fingers...

49 Reviews

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:25 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

So did I lol :P but to be fair I was only 3 weeks old. My dad and brother slept through it but my mum didn't. She spent the time moving me away from the window lol

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:41 pm
niteowl says...

Well, when I got back from Australia it was around midnight and I was really tired, so I went to bed. I woke up well after 4 pm.

And one time, I got really inspired to write a poem at 2 am, so I wrote it. And then you know what I did? I posted it on Writing.com! By the time my mom noticed I was up and ordered me to go to bed, it was 4:30 am. I woke up at 3:15 PM.

Sometimes I just can't sleep. I probably need something like sleeping pills on those nights. But what usually ends up happening is I get really relaxed almost like I'm asleep and that can keep me going, for a little while...But last night was entirely weird for me. I had a Mountain Dew around 9, so at 11:30 I was walking around, unable to get to sleep. Somehow I fell asleep and woke up at 5 am. My alarm usually goes off at 5:15 but I forgot to turn it on.

So yeah I often have trouble sleeping/getting up early. But you know what? It's so much easier for me to get up at 5:15 now than it was last year when I got up at 6. Weird.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:42 pm
Crysi says...

This whole week I've gone to sleep at 1 AM, waking up at 6:30. Not the worst I've done (going to sleep at 5:30 and waking up at 7) but whatever.
Love and Light

Some people file their [tax] returns inside of a dead fish.
— John Oliver