z

Young Writers Society

free rice

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:30 pm
xhalcyonx128 says...

Has anyone heard of the new website freerice.com ? It's incredible!!!!! Basically what you do is go to the site and it automaticly puts you in the game. This game is a vocabulary game. It is similar to the SAT in the way that you are given a word and you have to choose from a list of four words what that certain word means. For every word you answer correctly you get 10 grains of rice deposited into a digital bowl to the right of the questions. Every grain you earn really does go to beat hunger in Africa. The companies that sponser this nonprofit site donate a certain amount of money for each grain raised. Bascally what that means is the more people who play, the more money that is raised. I got to 1,800 grains :-) I challenged YWS to raise as much as possible. After all, who better to answer vocabulary questions than writers? Plus its free SAT practice, for all you fellow juniors out there.
Be obscure clearly - E. B. White

Got YWS?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:38 pm
Rydia says...

I'm pretty sure there's another link about it somewhere on the site. I think I shall have another go. I think it's a lovely way to raise food for Africa.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:41 am
alleycat13 says...

I don't have to the SAT, nor will I (I took the ACT), but I think I'll give this a go. Sounds easy and worthwhile.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:42 am
Via says...

Yea I think Snoink posted it last week or the week before.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:33 pm
MadHatter says...

Yeah, I use to not like it, but now that I know what it's for I play it like crazy
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:33 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

**LOCKED, moved to Randomness**

Try here, okay? ;)
ohmeohmy

Saying Why-Double-you-Ehs is inversely like saying Ah-beh-Seh (Abc)... just say yewis it's cooler.
— Anonymous