z

Young Writers Society

The Great YWS Gathering

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:21 am
Crysi says...

Oh, I'm sure it will be. As long as none of us transfer to college out of state (or simply move out of state, for that matter), I'm pretty sure we'll keep doing it. These kids are great. :)
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:11 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I graduate in 09. I could probably come if I went to college in California. Which sounds nice.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:36 am
chocoholic says...

I'm oposed to the idea of travelling all the way to Amrica. One, I can't afford it and two, my parents woud never let me, plus I don't want to go back to America.

I'm heading over to England at the end of this year, but I don't think my dad will love the idea of me meeting up with total strangers in a country that I don't get to go to that often.

Does anybody live anywhere in Melbourne? My parents might be more okay with the idea of meeting up with people close to me (as long as one of them was with me).
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 am
Firestarter says...

If I had a little bit more money, I would have booked my flights to come see you guys this summer as well.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:16 am
cynicalgurl says...

Umm... just a question, but... what are the safety precautions? Like, how do you / will you know the people you're meeting are real, and just in case one of them isn't, what do you do?
Last time you each brought some one you knew for safety reasons, so like that. Also, does that friend have to be on YWS too? And what about parents?

I'm not going, I don't think. I'm just wondering. :razz:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:44 am
Firestarter says...

Last time I didn't bring anybody for safety reasons. But I'm crazy and over 18, and thus I have responsibility for myself. Most people here are not. My advice is to wait until you're 18 before doing this.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:51 am
PenguinAttack says...

I think, as a general rule - as Jack has pointed out many times now (I think) - if you're going to consider this you need to be over 18. Or at least of an age wherin you have fulll sensability and responsibility of your actions. Soo... I wouldnt ever recomend it if you're under 16. At all.

All the usual safety precautions, take a friend, speak lots before hand, make sure people know where you are and meet in public places... yay for paranoia.

I'd love to just take a trip and visit all the people I adore (and I believe Rea and I are working out World Trip plans :p ) but in my case its a matter of cashola. ^^

Excuse spelling errors and whatnot - tiredness.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:50 pm
[deleted1] says...

Crysi wrote:Well, I know the California Crew is thinking of meeting up again this summer. Possibly sooner -- we don't live that far from one another.

California would be ideal for me, of course, but perhaps not for everyone else. I don't think I'll be able to travel out of state, unless some of the California Crew went with me.

But yes, it's best to wait until you're at least 18 (or whatever the legal adult age is in your country, I suppose). And I suggest you bring a friend! Just in case, you know?

If the Cali people meet, can out of state members go?

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:35 pm
Wolf says...

Only six more years! :P
That sounds like an awesome idea - I'd love to meet the YWSers. But my parents would NEVER let me do that...:/

Anyways, I live in Canada. Won't say where though. :wink:
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:04 pm
mirandamaddness says...

I had the exact same idea!!!! The Great YWS Gathering?!?! I was having a
dream about that weeks ago!!!!
*The Self Proclaimed Queen of The Maddness Minions*
GOT YWS? (cause I sure do)
"Everyone has a song that tells about themselves, but I have an entire soundtrack."
~Anonymous

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:30 pm
Crysi says...

Rickage wrote:If the Cali people meet, can out of state members go?

Oh definitely. We just all met up because it was convenient. But I can almost guarantee we'll be meeting up this summer, so if you have a way to get to us, you're more than welcome. :)

Cynicalgirl... No, the friend doesn't have to be on YWS, though they might feel a bit left out -- when the CA crew got together, we all were comfortable with each other because we had talked so much. Dono brought his girlfriend, who is on YWS but isn't very involved in the site, so I think she felt a little uncomfortable there. And one of my friends came over too, and she's on YWS but also not very involved, but she thought it was cool to meet Jack, lol. Actually, she and I went to visit Dono a few months ago, and she had fun then, too.

As for parents... We all originally met at Meshugenah's house, so her parents were present. And they're definitely welcome to our get-togethers, especially if they have any doubt about it (which is quite reasonable).

But yes... I think waiting until 18, 16 at the very least, is wise. I can vouch for the California Crew and Jack that they're real, good people, but then I'm just another voice on the internet. ;)
Love and Light

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:08 am
Jennafina says...

I met Fandilocks on my trip! :D It was a mini YWS gathering.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:35 am
Twit says...

Pity the majority of YWSers seem to be Yanks. I know there's a few over here in Britain, but they seem to be rather spread out.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:51 am
Firestarter says...

A British YWS meet-up would be the awesome. We do seem to be pretty spread out though.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 pm
Rydia says...

I think it would be lovely and I personally don't mind travelling a few hours. Seriously, we should organise one this Summer. How many are interested?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee