z

Young Writers Society

Guilty Pleasure

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:21 am
Meshugenah says...

Think I'll take the axe, or something that makes pound noises when smashed. Thanks for the warning, Brad.

ohh, interesting science stuff (aka archeology type stuff! :D)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:38 pm
Terrwyn says...

I thought Jane Eyre was a good book...except for the fact that she wanted to marry someone twice her age...*shudder* But in those times, it was to be expected, I suppose. Hmm.
Very funny, Scotty. Now please beam down my clothes.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:02 am
niteowl says...

Yup, Mesh, I'm in love with that kind of stuff. You mean there are people who aren't? lol
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:28 am
Meshugenah says...

I know! I could watch all those specials for hours on end. And bio was only interesting when we did genetics. And I'm a history nut (unless it involves napoleon... rotten history teacher).
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:30 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

The worst book I've ever had to read for English was The Miller's Tale from Cantebury Tales. There's a dictionary at the back to tell us what half the words mean because they're not used anymore. Very annoying.

Anyway.

1. The Young Ones. Only ever twelve episodes but I watch them over and over anyway. It's been about 7 months now.
2. The Killers. I'll prollyget sick of them soon but right now I can't get enough of 'em.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:21 pm
Wulie says...

1. Neighbours - sad obesseion with that
2. Love history though my history teacher hates me *grr*
3. cows :)
4. addicted to net

has any one red Of Mice And Men for english?
'Sadistic lies we form like the web of a spider, the truth we hide like our flaws.'

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:19 pm
Firestarter says...

Yeh, wulie, I had to do it for GCSE.

I thought it wasn't bad.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:32 pm
Areida says...

Guilty pleasures? heh...my friends think they know me....

1. Harry Potter. Everything Harry Potter.
2. Fanfiction.
3. RPing. Only one person knows about that...but then, now so do you guys, lol. And if you tell..you die. *realizes no one here could tell anyone I know* Well..never mind.
4. Daydreaming about being kissed. Ever seen that Drew Barrymore movie? Welcome to my life. I'm fifteen and I've only had one boyfriend. In the 7th grade.
5. Daydreaming about being married...that's going to be wonderful. *sighs* I want four kids.

Can you tell I'm sappy? ^_~
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:27 pm
ZZAP says...

I don't dream, I know...

1) Somehow I know all the females' first name on this board, and replace their maiden names with my last name. :wink:
2) Like Brad thinks, I sit in a corner of my house, and think up of all the grandure comments about myself.
3) Recap of what I said during an interesting Questioning Game on our chat room... Ass grab-age is still haunting me. (inside joke)
4) Guilty, hell no! But Arvy's horny spot is still killing me! :lol: Dude! I can't believe you actually replied to that! :lol:
5) When Perra will stop mothering Aniar, and come back to me...
6) Getting my ass thomped by Gal... Now I am guilty of that! :oops:

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:25 am
Crysi says...

Polygamy? *tsk* You should be ashamed. :wink:

Haha.. Yeah, that was an interesting game.. I really didn't need to know the answer you asked Arvy. I can't believe you asked that.. Gah.

Ok, here are my obsessions.

1: flirting. Obviously.
2: having conversations with my characters. Never stops.
3: RPing. Oh, yes.
4: Daydreaming about guys.. and marriage.
5: going around school with the mindset of a dragon. Quite fun, actually.

So there you go.
Love and Light

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:10 am
Zion says...

ZZAP wrote:I don't dream, I know...

4) Guilty, hell no! But Arvy's horny spot is still killing me! :lol: Dude! I can't believe you actually replied to that! :lol:

-Z

Oh, brother... :roll: The below the bellybutton and...ooooh THAT question...So what if I did reply to that? Im not ashamed or something im being open. We have to be, rules remeber? *taps Z on head*
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:19 am
Skye says...

1) Working four hours and staying up until five in the morning on a school night drawing maps for stories I write.
2) Poetry. (I've never told my friends that I write it. They only know about my novel attempts, but I'm too scared to tell them about my poetry. Because then they'll want to read it. And after they read it, they will have a few questions.)
3) Rain-dancing. (A joint-passion with me and my best friend.)
4) NaNoWriMo

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many more. ;)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:37 pm
bcain says...

Meshugenah wrote:No, vever heard of it, but I was forced to read Jane Eyre, and then got stuck with it for a finals project.

I love Jane Eyre- what's your problem? :shock:

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:39 pm
Skye says...

Ooh, I thought of another one: crunches. I looooooove doing crunches, and do them every chance I get. Not only are they good for you, but they are great stress-relievers.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:03 am
Perra says...

niteowl wrote:1. Cool specials on National Geographic and History Channel. I will tune out all else for those if possible. Nothing recent. Mainly ancient civilizatuions and biblical stuff (whether you give a crap about the Bible or not the religious artifacts ones are the coolest)

I used to be addicted to the history channel. But now it seems like everytime I turn there, they're showing something having to do with things that are too recent to be very interesting to me(anything having to do with before the 1800s I'll probably watch).

ZZAP wrote:5) When Perra will stop mothering Aniar, and come back to me...

lol Z!

Here are my little obsessions:

1. Daydreaming. Of dreams I had, of shows I watch(mainly about if I was in the show as a character,) my story, other ideas, of having a boyfriend, and probably a few other things.
2. My shows. Namely Futurama, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Angel.
3. Having conversations with different things/people in my mind.
4. History
5. Card games on the computer, mainly FreeCell and Solitaire.
6. Music, music, music. I so wish I could play the guitar. :(
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien