z

Young Writers Society

How did you find YWS?

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:34 pm
View Likes
herbalhour says...

I got on YWS because of @FluorescentAnt so thanks Ant!

But that begs the question, how did you find YWS?
nothing is forever but everything was infinite

herb/tea - he/him/his, she/her/hers

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:58 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

I was bored one day and started looking up writing websites, found an article with yws
ARM CHOPPING IS NOT A LOVE LANGUAGE!!

—Ambrosius Goldenloin, Nimona

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky spirit, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:02 pm
View Likes
Youbeaucupid says...

A friend of mine actually introduced me to yws before she moved away, she said she used to write here a lot and that the community was great, I thought I'd give it a shot and here I am. <33
•I romanticized you to the point where the knives you pressed into my skin began to look like cupid's arrrow.•

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:45 pm
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Back when I was 13, I wanted a place to share my writing, and my mom did a little research and suggested I check out Y.W.S.
Since then, I've visited this site in on and off periods.
She who calls the stars to shine

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:34 pm
View Likes
ariah347 says...

A search on google
•with love, a♡︎•
⠀:¨ ·.· ¨:⠀
⠀ `· . ୨୧⠀

ılllıılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı
DESCENDING | SLEEPTOKEN
0:28 ──●───────── 04:38
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

The night belongs to you
‧₊˚✩彡✦✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧✦⋆⭒˚。⋆

Reviews: 3
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:51 pm
View Likes
JazzElectrobass says...

Well the forums on another writing website I was on got shut down, so I searched on google for another place to connect with other writers and found this.
I am the Timekeeper, Quote Hunter, and Grave Visitor

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon." — Paul Brandt

Jazz Elektrobass

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 pm
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Well I was previously on an art website and I was bored of being terrible at art so I looked up writing websites and then found this. I thought it was cool but then didn't join. Then a while after, a few days after my birthday, I joined.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

google search! back when i just started writing and wanted to find people who had my same interests
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

226 Reviews

Reviews: 226
Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham says...

A friend of mine told me she was posting her work over here to get feedback. I was curious so I checked it out and have never regretted it ever since. <333

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:38 am
View Likes
Quillfeather says...

My brother found it somehow and he talked about it so much for years that I joined and I am so glad I did I love it here my best friends come from YWS
Was: Nicole136
And then: TrinityPoeting
Am now: Quillfeather

If you ever need to talk I am here for you<3

"All great change is preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra
Fight through the chaos, there are good things ahead<333

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:39 am
View Likes
avianwings47 says...

I had a novel I was working on, but really wanted some feedback and support on it to keep writing. I really wanted others to read and enjoy it, but it seemed like all the other sites I looked into were geared to more mature audiences. Then, I found this place (In a google search, like others have said) and made an account. Then I forgot about it for a week and a half until I got a notification from YWS. I eventually published a poem, and now here we are!
hi

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:37 pm
View Likes
fatherfig says...

i googled "sites for young people who write poetry?"
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:09 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

I found YWS through my younger sister @tgirly -> she has been writing novels since she was like 5 (not joking) and though I had ZERO interest in writing at the time I did want to read what what she was working on and figured our the best way to do so was to get an account, I actually became interested in reviewing before being interested in writing which I feel like is opposite of how most people start out on YWS. I really liked discussing works with my sister and following certain writers posting. I also liked the competitive aspect of reviewing during Review Days and in Knights of the Green Room. I kinda stopped using YWS circa 2014-2015 but when I moved to college sometimes going on YWS was a good way to catch my sister so I started logging on again here and there. Got hooked again from a few contests like YWS Olympics. And then became a JM to my surprise. After I became a JM I became a little more serious about the writing aspect of the site and absolutely loved getting to help with NaPo, RevMo, and other site events. Got very into Squills and KotGR and a few different conspiracies. Became a GM. And the rest is history! If I had not found YWS I am pretty certain I would not be writing poetry and certainly wouldn't have had any creative writing published.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:34 am
Phillauthet says...

I've always liked writing and this day I was bored so I was looking at sites for writing and I was lucky enough to find yewis <3
bleh?

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind