z

Young Writers Society

One Time I Dreamt

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:42 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Dreams are strange things, aren’t they? I figured that YWS needs one of these. Basically, just talk about a strange or funny dream you’ve had. (You don’t have to start with the phrase “one time I dreamt,” I just did that because I wanted to).

I’ll start:

One time I dreamt that my school was holding a halloween fair. There were spooky activities, arts-and-crafts, and they were even playing a Halloween special of The Amazing World of Gumball.
There was just one problem, though: there was a walking table going through the school. If the table reached the back of the school, the world would end. Luckily, we were able to stop it by taking all the stuff off of it (it was like, a bunch of artifacts on top of it)
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:50 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Dreamt I time one that I was lining up to a hotel with my parents (it was a very long line) and while I was in the line, a drumstick appeared (it had a face, arms, hands, legs, and feet) and put a small pot under my hand and pinched my hand. It was really weird and painful.
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:20 pm
View Likes
Liminality says...

One time I dreamt that a staircase in my old school had become a kind of space escalator. The steps would move like an escalator would but the general framework still looked like a regular staircase, except all the stairs were black and you could see twinkling stars in them.
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

122 Reviews

Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:21 pm
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

One time i dreamt that there was a new episode to my favorite show, The Owl House (which has ended irl).

However, there were only two ways to watch the new episode:

1.) a pdf with every individual frame on it
2.) at a local Taco + Tequila restaurant

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:15 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

One time I dreamt that a bunch of random YWSers (and me) were living in a cave in a forest and the the croods were giving us therapy... (?) And the we were running and a goddess came up and we had to keep random people from falling into a fountain lake.(????)

217 Reviews

Reviews: 217
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:40 pm
View Likes
WinnyWriter says...

One time - actually multiple times now - I have dreamed that I am searching for my comfort character and can't find them! It's so distressing.

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:10 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

just had a dream that peanuts came in giant shells twice the size of a sweet-potato - > i was visiting home, and our neighbor were growing these; there were too many so they littered the yard. someone said it seemed morbid - all these peanut shells just lying on the ground. i picked one up and broke open the shell like a coconut to find 20 or so nuts in a pool of salt. flowers were growing in our yard - sprouts of purple and red and blue, i wanted to pick some for a bouquet, but my mother said, "no" - hopeful that maybe some of the flowers would grow into peanut trees and we could have our own harvest.

... one of the most random dreams I've ever had.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

211 Reviews

Reviews: 211
Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:25 am
View Likes
OrabellaAvenue says...

This is kinda similar to one of Gengar's dreams.

Once I dreamt that a new season of one of my favorite shows had come out, and I was so excited. I started watching it, and...
First of all, it was made into a live action, which I didn't really like all that much because it was supposed to be a cartoon. Also the characters sounded different because it was different actors, which made me sad. But that was far from the worst of it.

The entire thing basically just showed that absolutely everything that had led up to this point was completely pointless and didn't mean anything. Everything done had been undone and the main character was worse off than ever!

It was really distressing, and I was glad when I realized it was a dream.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
~Dr. Seuss

Orabella ~ Ora ~ Avenue ~ Aven
She/her

122 Reviews

Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:50 am
View Likes
GengarIsBestBoy says...

@OrabellaAvenue

hold on I had a similar dream to this

So basically, there’s this cartoon called The Ghost and Molly Mcgee, and I had a dream that they made a live action. Except, they didn’t use any cgi for the ghosts; they just took Sesame Street actors and put a glowing filter on them.

And then the cartoon version of one of the characters gets put in a blender (don’t worry he’s a ghost). And when he came out of the blender he was like “that was still better than watching the live action movie”

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:12 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

@OrabellaAvenue wrote:The entire thing basically just showed that absolutely everything that had led up to this point was completely pointless and didn't mean anything. Everything done had been undone and the main character was worse off than ever

I had a dream like that too once! It made me so sad and mad and scared when I woke up. The thing is, a few months later it happened in real life. :(
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:14 pm
View Likes
spottedpebble says...

P.S. the aforementioned show was My Little Pony, my favorite childhood cartoon. They made a new movie and then a series about it and I watched the movie, and basically the setting changed, the characters changed, and everything the original characters did was undone. Now the world is somehow imbalanced again. I'm still wondering, what the heck happened? Friendship isn't magic anymore?? You have destroyed everything my childhood was founded on!!!
:)
rainbow
spot~pebble~peb~pebb~
in any order

she/they

spottedpebble

122 Reviews

Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:57 pm
GengarIsBestBoy says...

YES I FOUND THIS AGAIN YAYAYA

One time I dreamt about this animated psychological horror webseries. There were these twin brothers who were both zoologists studying rhinos. One of the twins dies but his mind becomes trapped in a computer. The dead twin thinks he’s still alive but he’s repeating the same day over and over again. The living twin couldn’t do anything to save his brother. THIS IS SUCH A COOL CONCEPT ACTUALLY

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content