z

Young Writers Society

Song Lyrics that Could Work as Literary Work Titles

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:11 pm
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Have you ever listened to a song and said “Hey! That one lyric would make a really good title for a story”? Well I certainly have!
I was thinking of this because one of my upcoming stories is going to have a song lyric as a title: I was thinking of calling it “All Good Devils Masquerade Under the Light,” which is a lyric from “Turn the Lights Off” by Tally Hall.

This thread serves mostly as a place of inspiration for other people, because there’s probably people out there who need title inspo (and also I just think having lyrics as titles is neat-o)

(By the way, it could just be the title of a song or an album name rather than a lyric)
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:43 pm
fantasies says...

I’m a ghost of you, you’re a ghost of me - San Luis, by Gregory Alan Isakov. (he has a lot of interesting songs and song lyrics :))
PUDDING!!! - Dean Winchester

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:00 pm
View Likes
MagicMilk says...

This is a pretty interesting concept. I can't remember any specific lyrics right now but I think I have a bunch of songs that could work pretty well as titles:
    If I Were You by Claud
    I Don't Love You Anymore by The Honeysticks & Ricky Montgomery
    She Wants Me (To Be Loved) by The Happy Fits
    queen of broken hearts by Blackbear
    My Girlfriend is a Witch by October Country
    don't worry, you will by lovelytheband
    I Kissed a Girl, and She Kissed Me by Kid Bloom
At -3% consciousness at all times.

When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind