z

Young Writers Society

Biggest Number You Can Think Of (Game)

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 am
Necromancer14 says...

Well, Infinity is cheating.
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

Gandalf: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:17 am
JoyDark says...

That's fair.

Um... first one off the top of my head is 4,477. Weird, but there it is.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

4122 Reviews

Reviews: 4122
Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:44 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

MATHS NERD WARNING!!!!

@Lia5Giba yes infinity is totally not a number. It is blasphemy to call it one.
@Necromancer14 Sorry to burst your bubble but your number cannot come close to Alif Note much less Alif Note to the power of itself. You see Alif Note is the number of cardinal numbers in existence which means it technically includes your number and numbers far higher than it. It's a bit of a difficult concept to grasp but basically its a number that is larger than any number than you could come up with it. After it only ordinal numbers exist.

Also fun fact this is much more of a cheat because you mathematically do not have any cardinal number higher than Alif Note.

NERDING OUT DONE.

I nominate Alif Note to the power of Alif Note, Alif Note number of times.
(I don't understand what I said just now either)

@Vankous Frostification, explain this stuff
Last edited by KateHardy on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

Reviews: 2
Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:27 am
VankousFrost says...

Full explanation pending.
In the meantime, note that there are two different kinds of "infinite numbers": ordinals and cardinals. These two are there for finite cases as well but they only start to differ from each other in the infinite (or properly speaking, transfinite case).

And there's no largest cardinal or ordinal, even though they're technically "infinite" numbers (and no, before anyone asks, you can't have an infinite infinite cardinal or anything. )

I'll be explaining this in more detail soon, but in the meantime, I suggest that interested readers read up on Cantor, transfinite numbers, and the diagonal argument.
DISCLAIMER: We will not be held responsible for your mental health if you choose to purse our recommendations. You cannot sue us.

114 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Necromancer14 says...

@HarryHardy so you are saying it's a list of all cardinal numbers? That's infinity, which I already said is cheating.

However, if that's NOT cheating, than yes, I can beat it. All the numbers possible. There's infinite whole numbers, and then there's infinite numbers between 1 and 2. So, I'm saying every single number, including infinite variations of decimals.

Though technically you can't beat infinity with more infinity. However, my infinity is still infinitely higher than any point in your infinity.

assuming I understood what your number is correctly...
Dumbledore: "Now, it's great that you've been saving the school and all Harry, but unfortunately your grades have been a tad low, and, well... perhaps Gandalf could explain it better... hit it, Gandalf!

4122 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:35 pm
KateHardy says...

Actually no @NeCrOMAnceR 14.

You see infinity is simple put just a word. It is not a number. Its a concept. It's not cheating. It's irrelevant to a thread about numbers. It would be like saying that apple is your favorite vegetable.

Alif Note on the other hand represents the number of possible cardinal numbers. So any number that you can generate which is a cardinal number would be inside Alif Note. All your decimal variations are a part of Alif Note along with every other number. The only numbers after Alif Note are ordinal. They are omega then omega + 1 and so on and so forth till you eventually hit omega + Alif Note. Then it continues into even weirder territory.

Numbers get really weird once you count this high.

Also I'm pretty sure your google plex^^^^google plex is definitely smaller than Graham's Number. Grahams number is a bit larger than what you've mentioned there.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

114 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:44 pm
Necromancer14 says...

Also I'm pretty sure your google plex^^^^google plex is definitely smaller than Graham's Number. Grahams number is a bit larger than what you've mentioned there.

You're right that it is bigger than what I said it was origingally, but it's still not AS big as the number I came up with. it's 3^^^^3, as opposed to google plex^^^^google plex. (Google plex itelf is around 57^^3)

Any number with four arrows ^^^^ is going to be incomprehensibly large.

4122 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:57 pm
KateHardy says...

Naa here's the offcial definition of graham's number. I don't think you've understood it.

You see Graham's number is

3^^^^3

Then you put 3 with 3^^^^3 number of ^'s 3. And then you put 3 and the previous number of ^'s and 3. You repeat the process 64 times.

So right on that second step it easily smashes your number out of the park.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

114 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:01 pm
Necromancer14 says...

Oh dear. You're right. Well, then mine is

3^^^^3

Then you put 3 with 3^^^^3 number of ^'s 3. And then you put 3 and the previous number of ^'s and 3. You repeat the process 64 times.

...Except replace all the 3's with graham's number, and in those graham's number also replace the 3's with graham's number, and so on, graham's number of times.

4122 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:09 pm
KateHardy says...

And I will remind you that this number is just a part of Alif Note. There is literally no number that you can come with, that is a cardinal number, that is bigger than Alif Note.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

114 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:14 pm
Necromancer14 says...

The Aleph note includes all the negative numbers, right?

Well, than that makes it 0.

It may include some pretty big numbers (all of them) but it's sum is 0 then.

4122 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:15 pm
KateHardy says...

It is not the sum of the numbers man. It is the number of numbers if you get what I mean.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

114 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:18 pm
Necromancer14 says...

Then it's not even a number.

It's a set. x[x equals all cardinal numbers

4122 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:21 pm
KateHardy says...

Oh boy. Do I have to go switch to my other personality aka the junior maths professor known by the feared nickname of The Human Calculator.

It represents the magnitude of the set and hence it is a number.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

114 Reviews

Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:23 pm
Necromancer14 says...

so you mean it's the number of all items in that set?

The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
— Stanislaw Jerszy Lec