z

Young Writers Society

PotLuck

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:16 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Mm yes, check out the store! Then I guess the only way to leave is the way you came in?
Parlez-vous français?

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:23 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Pick up the trident, look at the store, and leave the room if possible.
always daydreaming, always clumsy

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:36 am
View Likes
Mea says...

Wait to leave the room until you're done shopping. You can be reasonably sure this room is safe now, but who knows what could jump out at you if you leave and then get distracted looking at shiny things.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:50 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Check out the store!

Mm yes, check out the store! Then I guess the only way to leave is the way you came in?

Wait to leave the room until you're done shopping. You can be reasonably sure this room is safe now, but who knows what could jump out at you if you leave and then get distracted looking at shiny things.

It is true, you do love shiny things. It is also true that there is only way out as far as you can see, and it looks like it just opened.

Check out the trident!

You have, and have determined its a pretty awesome looking chunk of metal. You can't fit it in your book bag though so you figure you might as well carry it around. Pretty heavy though, sadly you have no magic knowledge of how this thing is special, or even how to use it. For now, it might be best to just look for this store you just unlocked.

You can't find a store app, but there is a app labeled fun with a...is that a dog? Why does this app have a dog icon? Why does it have 'new' in a entirely different font?

Why are you asking these questions?!

You open the app.

Sci-fi like glowing holograms appear, projecting off your phone that is now glowing a bright green. As a fan of sci-fi gear this is awesome you think. Still has nothing to do with dogs, so the mystery is not solved, but awesome.

It looks like everything is locked by the beginner store, so you pick that by wave your hand at it.

While this is also cool for sci-fi reasons, it looks like it was designed by someone with a poor understanding of UI, so you can barely understand what you're look at. Luckily it seems to have voice commands, so you roughly figure it out.

Finding out that it's listing a recommended item page, looking further you realize that outside of those recommended things. the only stuff for sale are things you owned at one point in your life.

Meaning its mostly garbage.

So you look back at the recommended list which has the following items.
Book bag extension: 325
Apparently this makes it so that your book bag can somehow hold more, 5 extra 'slots' worth of items, without adding any extra weight to it.

The Eye: 110
This maps the floor you are on, allowing you to call it up and have a visual image of what rooms you have been in.

True Vision: 25
A magic glass that zooms things in...you're pretty sure this is just a magnifying glass, apparently it does the same thing as that rug in the first room did, except without the weird texture effect.

Anti-Material Sniper Rifle: 905
A military grade weapon, one that is worth way more in the outside world as far as you can tell. Which is pretty awesome, but you can't afford it.

Shrink-inator: 1532
A shrink ray.

Melt-inator 5000: 2
A really cool looking lighter

Hybrid-ifyer: 632
A laser looking gun, according to the description, it will fuse two objects together, turning them into something new.

Undo-ifyer: 344
A laser looking gun, that according to the description, will separate anything you shot into 2 new objects based on the original. It will also undo any fusions you did with a hybrid-ifyer.

Teleport-ifyer: 40,299
A laser looking gun, that will teleport non-living matter to anyone you direct it too on your phone.

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

If you want to be added to the ping list, or taken off of it, send me a PM.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

1085 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:47 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Buy The Eye and True Vision - it'll be good to keep track of where we've been, and the rug was really useful in the last room so something that does the same thing would be a good idea.

And since your inventory's full, I guess buy the backpack upgrade as well. Which pretty much cleans us out, but hopefully we'll get some more money in the next room.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

498 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:02 pm
View Likes
Que says...

I was going to go for the same things as Mea. Definitely getting a bag extension should be a priority since there’s no more room!
Parlez-vous français?

110 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:29 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Buy The Eye and True Vision - it'll be good to keep track of where we've been, and the rug was really useful in the last room so something that does the same thing would be a good idea.

And since your inventory's full, I guess buy the backpack upgrade as well. Which pretty much cleans us out, but hopefully we'll get some more money in the next room.

Definitely getting a bag extension should be a priority since there’s no more room!

Yeah, you did run out of room didn't you? Space is important, and being able to buy extra magic space will be very useful now that you have a awesome new poking stick.

Purchases confirmed, printing.

They are promptly dumped all over the place. Except for the bag extension, thats floating all cool and glowy. Unsure what else to do you decide the safest bet is to touch the glowing bag, which then disapears into your hand. Huh. You're bookbag is suddently lighter then your clothes.

You decide to see if it changed your bag any.

The bottom seems to be glowing, while you can't actually see anything inside, your mental checklist seems to still exist, and is even more accurate then before. You feel like you could easily pull or put away anything now without having to dig through for the right thing.

So you just dump your cool new items in for now, you can check out the eye and vision thing when the voices in your head suggest it. For now it's probably best to check out that other room.

Huh, you expected a lot of things, but not this, it seems to be a very narrow room with a very basic depiction of chairs and pillars drawn in, probably to match the bar table that is manned by a...crow?

"Swak! Welcome to the crowbar, will you answer my bar quiz questions three? Swak!"

Spoiler! :
Pinging people who might want to be pinged: @Lightsong @TheBlueCat @saentiel @Mea @PrincessInk @EternalRain

1085 Reviews

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:36 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Play along for now - say you'll answer the questions.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

498 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:25 am
View Likes
Que says...

I’d like to know what would happen if you didn’t answer the questions —presumably you wouldn’t move on, but hopefully there aren’t any negative consequences that we should watch out for.
But yeah, agree to answer them.
Parlez-vous français?

110 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:13 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Spoiler! :
Usually I wait in case someone wants to pop in with a new comment, but its obvious nobody else will, so early update today. Also, first person who answers the questions will be pm'ed a series of questions that will result in a room that one of the characters will go through sometime soon. So a reward of sorts.

I’d like to know what would happen if you didn’t answer the questions

CM: So what happens if I don't answer them?

Crow: Death!

Crow: -by starvation, swak, this be the only food source on this floor, and the reward for my questions be the way forward.

CM: ...

CM: Fine then-

Crow: Sqwak! Answer my quiz questions three!

CM: I sa-

Crow: Sqwak! Answer my quiz questions three!

Crow: ...

Crow: Well?

CM: YES!

Crow: Sqwak! Answer my quiz- Oh, squak! Then here be my questions.

1.) How much food have you lost so far in this adventure? Sqwak!
2.) How much palladium is there in your phone?
3.) Why did you imagine up wood paneling when calculating how much money you have? Squak!

(hint answers are all in the updates.)

Spoiler! :

Last edited by Zolen on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1085 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:14 am
View Likes
Mea says...

1. A pie and a bottle of wine

2. 0.015 grams

3. Because rich people put wooden paneling on things.

And ask the crow how the heck he/she/it knows so much about you, because that's kinda creepy.

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

110 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Spoiler! :
...nobody got it...o-okay then. Moving on.

1. A pie and a bottle of wine

2. 0.015 grams

3. Because rich people put wooden paneling on things.

And ask the crow how the heck he/she/it knows so much about you, because that's kinda creepy.

CM: Um, 2?

Crow: Two?

CM: I-I mean three!

Crow: Squwak Correct!

CM: The other thing is 0.015 grams.

Crow: Swquak Correct!

CM: Because rich people put wooden paneling on things.

Crow: Swuak Correct! You win a pie.

You promptly hide it in your hat.

Crow: Also the door at the start is unlocked.

CM: Thanks, but uh, can I ask something?

Crow: Sqwuak, Yes!

CM: How do you know all of this?

Crow: Squak, I am part of the maze you have been wrecking, of course I would know. Now move along. Sqwak

CM: ...oh.

Time to leave, preferably quickly.

As you rocket along your phone starts to ring, a new person texting you.

???: There I was, in epic battle with the most horrifying of monsters you're ever to see, -a goat man, and when I logged back in, I've discovered there was a new member of our merry band who won't speak.

CM: What?

???: Why didn't you say anything to me?

CM: Oh! Sorry, I've just been a bit busy.

???: Quite alright, I'm just happy to see a new face. Though I suppose you're not happy to be in here...

???: Oh well, I'm sure you're handling this place wonderfully.

CM: Well I killed a giant crab man.

???: Did you? See! I knew you would fit right in.

CM: Thanks?

???: Now then, I sent a friend request out, so if you could accept, that would be splendid. I am a tad busy you see, murdering goat men is no small task, I assure you.

(Time to name and define the sex of a new person)

Spoiler! :

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:49 pm
View Likes
TheBlueCat says...

Name: Pete
Unofficial Blue Cat of YWS =^-^=
she/her please <3

1085 Reviews

Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:20 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

Name: Vincent

-EternalRain

-bluewaterlily

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:31 pm
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Name: Robin
always daydreaming, always clumsy

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
— Groucho Marx