z

Young Writers Society

What's The Weirdest Thing You Ever Did Out Of Boredom?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:47 pm
View Likes
AnimalQueen says...

We all do weird things well bored. I remember the things I did as a child.... I'm curious to hear your stories, whether you were a child at the time you did these things or an adult! Get ready to laugh!

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:06 pm
View Likes
Mea says...

I think one of the weird things I would do when I was bored definitely involved just sprawling on the couch or on my bed in weird positions, like half-upside-down, and just staying there until it felt too uncomfortable.

I also remember in school I would also play with my pencils and erasers under the desk because I was bored really often. I'd assign them names and personalities and they'd fly around and talk to each other and stuff. xD I actually bought a zebra and a giraffe eraser so I could play with them under the desk.

Nowadays I don't really get bored outside of class because I'm just too busy, but when I'm bored in class if I can't have my computer out, my most common thing to do is to actually "practice" the piano without a piano, by going through my music in my head and doing the finger movements on the desk. It's fun and it actually really helps me memorize my songs.

I want to hear what you did when you were bored. :P
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

33 Reviews

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:08 pm
View Likes
AnimalQueen says...

I used to find different ways to arrange my books. But this was very recently.

When I was 7 and my brother was 6, we tried to make a waterslide in his room. We took off his mattress and angled it so it was half on his bed and half off. Then we proceeded to pour cups of water down it, soaking the mattress and the floor!

This was the same day we gave each other home haircuts. Imagine a 6 year old kid cutting hair.

This was all done out of boredom.

I think parents today give kids electronics because they know what their kid's idea of "entertaining themselves" looks like. I can't say I blame them.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:55 pm
View Likes
TopKeks says...

Joined a forum for young writers

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:57 pm
View Likes
manilla says...

When I was younger I used to grab stuffed animals and play doctor with them. Not weird enough? I don't remember anything :')
Pronouns: she/they

From the wild manila folder of YWS's office.

When the last tree has fallen
And the rivers are poisoned
You cannot eat money

I do reviews: https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=108365

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:42 pm
View Likes
Dest says...

I guess the weirdest thing I have ever done in boredom is read a bunch of yahoo answers, the disturbing ones included.

I think the weirdest thing I've done recently is watch a Mukbang on Youtube. XD I can see why listening to light conversation while someone eats can appeal to people, but it still seems a lil' abnormal for me

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 am
View Likes
EternalRain says...

I just remembered this as I read over Mea's answer about her playing with her pencils.

When I was little (and I haven't done this in a really long time) I'd assign... personalities to my fingers. xD My left hand was always the good guys (I'm left-handed), right hand the bad guys.

And each finger had different personalities (and I think they were either friends or families - I can't quite remember). Anyway, I'd have them fight or talk or sometimes when I'd race them - there are patterns of lines on our couch, and they'd "race" each other.

Uhhh, so yeah. I think that's pretty weird, lol.
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Thu May 17, 2018 1:19 pm
View Likes
Danni88 says...

Name my reflection Novea.
Mmm, teatime. I fancy reviews and chips.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Queen Danni of Awesomeland x

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Wed May 23, 2018 6:35 pm
fatherfig says...

Join a society for writers and create my own Loki, then fall in love with it.
"i dont slay i slaughter, luke i am your father..." ~fatherfig

33 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2018 8:27 pm
View Likes
AnimalQueen says...

I have a friend who shaved her arms out of boredom.

Reviews: 0
Thu May 31, 2018 10:21 pm
View Likes
IacanusNegraeus says...

When I was sixteen, my parents grounded me for whatever reason. I was under house arrest for nearly a month and a half. I was not allowed to do stuff with friends. Anyway, one night, while my parents were out, I was watching "South Park". "Come Sail Away" by Styx got stuck in my head after Cartman sang it, and so for some reason I decided to record a video of myself lipsynching it. I dressed up like Napoleon Bonaparte too, for some reason. I then did the same thing two more times, but instead I dressed up in different costumes and recorded myself lipsynching "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac and some song by REM. I posted them to my facebook page for some reason (I was such a spontaneous idiot at that age) people commented asking if I was drunk.

A few months earlier my brothers and I did something similar, but a little less weird. We were trying to kill some time while our mother and father were at a wedding. As per my suggestion, my brothers and I dressed up like an 80s big hair band (we had an immense dress up closet full of various costumes) and recorded ourselves "performing" "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake. I lipsynched, my youngest brother played a guitar hero guitar, and my middle brother went shirtless and played the guitar hero drumset. It was a classic moment in our lives.

10th grade was one hell of a year. :P

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:22 pm
View Likes
foxmaster says...

Once I pretended I had imaginary siblings and another time I also had my fingers be people.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:32 pm
fantasies says...

i once painted my hand with green watercolor. because i got bored with my painting
paige/fanta/fantasies
female
likes cheese
likes purple
kindness matters

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:55 pm
GengarIsBestBoy says...

Ate iceberg lettuce
That’s the thing with life: no one makes it out alive.

—Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice the Musical

[Gengar! :D they/she]
[Spooky month fan, internet cryptid, certified nerd]

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:32 pm
ariah347 says...

Decided to repaint a whole room...

Experimented with putting different things in Ramen noodles...

Tried to master calligraphy...

I can go on - some call it boredom for me it's ADD LOL
•with love, a♡︎•
⠀:¨ ·.· ¨:⠀
⠀ `· . ୨୧⠀

ılllıılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllılılllıılılıllllıılılllıllı
DESCENDING | SLEEPTOKEN
0:28 ──●───────── 04:38
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

The night belongs to you
‧₊˚✩彡✦✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧✦⋆⭒˚。⋆

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath