z

Young Writers Society

Would you rather...

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:42 pm
Amabilia says...

Dragon. I'd want a little blue ice dragon.

WYR be friends with Loki or Thor?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm
CarryOnMrCaulfield says...

Thor. Because Loki is creepy and weird (assuming you refer to the Marvel characters)

WYR be living in an alternate America conquered by the Third Reich (Highly xenophobic, but with an emphasis on individualism and room for social mobility so long as you aren't Black or Jewish) or one controlled by the USSR (Not racist, but more corrupt and elitist, with a far more collectivist approach and limited room for personal success).

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:33 am
ChieTheWriter says...

Gah, second because at least there's a better chance of staying alive.

Would you rather fight Grand Admiral Thrawn or General Grievous?
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

19 Reviews

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 pm

(Depending on your demographic, I would assume many would choose the first, as the Soviets killed over three times as many people. Both would be awful though, especially for me, being anti-authoritarian)

I'd rather fight Thrawn, because he is not lightsaber trained. I'd feel worse for killing him though.

Would you rather Trump stay, with his presidency having resulted in a Mad Max style-world by 2020, or have him impeached causing Mike Pence come to office, resulting in the Handmaiden's Tale?

75 Reviews

Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:34 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

none of that would happen really at all but Pence is a great guy and he would be a great president.

(Trump worries me sometimes tho. But Pence is great)

Would you rather see Disney in TLJ kill off Poe or Luke?
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:33 am
ardentlyThieving says...

Ahhhhhh I'm gonna have to say Luke because of Poe being a character we've had so much less content for. Although it would suck to lose all three of the main characters from the OT. But still, Luke.

Would you rather have heaps of ideas for stories, but no time to write any of them, or heaps of time to write, but struggle to think of ideas?
“Thus human beings judge of one another, superficially, casually, throwing contempt on one another, with but little reason, and no charity.” - Emmuska Orczy, 'The Scarlet Pimpernel'

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:52 pm
jster02 says...

Loads of time to write. It only takes one idea to write a novel, and then I wouldn’t struggle with shiny new idea syndrome anymore. Then again, I like new ideas...

Would you rather have chronic physical pain, or chronic emotional turmoil
What's the point of success if it makes me miserable?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:54 pm
Amabilia says...

PHYSICAL GOSH EMOTIONAL IS HORRIBLE

would you rather have many significant others or one special one

117 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 117
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:17 pm
Featherstone says...

The latter.

Would you rather delete all your social media or live in solitary confinement for 2 years?
"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

he/him/his

75 Reviews

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:29 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Pfft, delete social media. All I have is YWS (and I'd hate to leave) but excuse me, I don't want to live TOTALLY alone for 2 years. No siree sir.

Would you rather live in Rohan or the Shire?

19 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Rohan, for obvious reasons (although I have hobbit feet and kind of live that kind of lifestyle)

Would you rather be a common soldier in the Rebel Alliance or be an Admiral in the Imperial Navy? (this one is mostly for ChieRynn)

75 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Rebel Alliance just because I don't agree with Palpatine's tyranny.

But it'd be really cool as an Admiral. The problem is that you just might get force choked if you make a mistake...

Would you rather watch Studio C or listen to your favorite band?

19 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Favorite Band

would you rather get shot or poisoned?

75 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:24 pm
ChieTheWriter says...

Assuming you'll die either way, shot because I'd die quickly. Quicker than poison anyway.

Would you rather eat ketchup plain or mustard plain?

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 pm
atlast says...

Ketchup because at least it isn't spicy (I'm assuming the mustard referred to is the yellow kind)

WYR be locked in a room that is constantly dark for a week or a room that is constantly bright for a week?
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch