289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

List of Update Panels

What is YWS: Survival?

in YWS survival, you create a character and then explore the world around you, possibly trying to survive as you do that. Forming Teams is encouraged (Teams share xp earned, as well as possessing a shared inventory. Plus, Teams can build Forts). I'm going to be keeping everything that happens here updated, as in the image below. More information on how to play below, but first:

how do I create a character?

post here as such :::create character [Character Race]

...what races are there?

Spoiler! :
Magus: of human proportions, Magi have a marked aptitude for magic** and remarkable intelligence, however, their dexterity and strength is low.

Elf: Elves are taller than the average human and of pale complexion. They possess remarkable dexterity and good range of vision, however, their strength and endurance are low.

Human: absolutely average in every way (no stat bonus, but no stat penalty either), Humans are versatile and capable of adapting to any environment. Furthermore, they are capable of understanding any tongue spoken, and usually regarded in friendly fashion by all.

Dwarf: short and low intelligence, however, their endurance is remarkable, and they are skilled in digging, as well as receiving a charisma bonus whenever haggling.

Demon: veritable powerhouses, Demons display incredible strength and remarkable endurance. However, they are cripplingly dumb (low low intelligence), have no aptitude for magic, and will be attacked by Angels on sight. Weak to Light-aligned attacks.

Warlock/Succubus: when a Magus and a Demon breed, the result is a Warlock (or Succubus, if female). Though their strength and dexterity are low, their intelligence and charisma are remarkable, and their aptitude for magic, especially the darker kind, is marked. Angels will still attack them. Weak to Light-aligned attacks.

Angel: ethereal creatures, their endurance and strength are low, but they can fly (albeit briefly), and their aptitude for healing magic is marked. They will be attacked on sight by Demons and Warlocks/Succubi. Weak to Dark-aligned attacks.

Half-Giant: several heads taller than an average human, Half-Giants are strong, but display low dexterity.

Elementals***: charismatic beings, they come in four types -- Earth Elementals, which receive less damage in the rain but more damage in the sun; Fire Elementals, which deal less damage in the rain and more in the sun; Water Elementals, which passively heal in the rain but receive a strength penalty when it is not raining; and Air Elementals, which receive a dexterity bonus in particularly stormy conditions, but a penalty when the skies are clear. Elementals are weak to their opposite element.

** if creating a Magus, specify which magic they are apt in, e.g. ::: create character [Magus, Firebender]. If this takes you more than one word, you are failing at being a Magus.

*** when creating an Elemental, specify which Elemental it is, e.g. ::: create character [Elemental, Wind]

if you would like a race not listed here, feel free to ask me to create it! just describe it to me

What do I do next?

you may post once per update, an update will usually happen once a day, twice if there are lots of posts. In a post, or Turn, you may take two Actions: a ::minor Action and a :::major Action. A minor Action is anything like talking to someone, drawing an arrow, preparing a low-class spell, while a major Action is exploring, firing a bow, casting a spell, and so forth. post example:

:: ready arrow
::: fire bow at wolf

~~~~

that said! I'll start by creating a character.

:::create character [Warlock]
Attachments
LjVUTZF.png
Last edited by Caesar on Sat May 17, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu May 01, 2014 4:06 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

:::create character [elemental, wind]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu May 01, 2014 4:32 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

:::create character [Magus, Energybender]

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Thu May 01, 2014 5:00 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

:::create character [magus, weathermaster]
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

:::create character [Angel]
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu May 01, 2014 6:00 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

::create character [Human]
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

:::create character [Human]

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Fri May 02, 2014 9:29 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

Judas spawns with a Wooden Staff (Regular, Blunt damage/Regular Magic damage). Judas learns the spell Grasp of Darkness (Regular, Dark-Aligned magic damage).The spell takes a minor action to prep, and a major action to cast.

Lumi spawns with a pair of Cestus (Dual-Wielding, Blunt damage).

Alpha spawns with a Knife (Regular, Piercing damage). Alpha learns Force Blast (non-elemental magic damage).The spell takes a minor acton to prep, and a major to cast.

Audy spawns with a Pickaxe (tool) and a Hammer (Regular, Smashing damage). The former is to dig, the latter is to smash anything unpleasant you find.

Fiend spawns with a Whip (Regular, Striking damage). Fiend learns Forces of Nature (Fiend can transform into an Elemental of choice for 3 turns, or until this spell is used again. To cast it, Fiend must expend one full turn of preparation).

Omnibus spawns with a Wooden Staff (Regular, Blunt damage/Regular, Magic damage). Omnibus learns Heal (regular healing spell).The spell takes a minor action to prep, and major action to cast.

Lost spawns with two Katana (Dual-Wielding, Cutting damage). In Lost's inventory there is a wax tablet and a stylus.

Shady spawns with a Spear (Regular, Piercing damage). In Shady's inventory there is an apple and a small pouch of money.

the Wolves draw nearer. They are wary, but not openly hostile yet.

Alright so, a quick note. Dual-Weilding means you deal more damage with your attacks, but, in combat, your entire turn is spent attacking (major and minor action). If you want, you can always Inventory one of the weapons and fight normally.

the Inventory is a sort of hammerspace. It's invisible, but it's there. Whenever drawing or depositing an item from the Inventory, just go ::Inventory [insert item here]. The ::Inventory command is a free minor action you can use at any time in your turn, outside of combat.

Saving the game exists within Survival, but there's a catch: your save slot must be written on an object (such as a wax tablet ;) ), and if it's destroyed, no save slot. If you die while having a saved game, you respawn with all your gear. Otherwise, you lose everything.

The characters now face a dilemma. They can go left, to the wolves, or right, into uncharted lands...

If you have any questions, don't post them here, message me directly. Have fun! Oh and Lost, sorry, I messed up positioning your character -- it's the one with the green mohawk, at any rate.
Attachments
ywssurvival2.png
Last edited by Caesar on Fri May 02, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Fri May 02, 2014 9:34 pm
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

::-
:::Forces of nature [water]
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri May 02, 2014 10:47 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lumi is apprehensive! Fitting to his upbringing, his ideal is to take on the possibly hostile wolves. Eyes faintly luminescent, he exhales visible breath onto his two iron gloves and leaps at the wolf on the right.

:::Dual-Fist Attack on Wolf #1
Last edited by Lumi on Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

:: Go right
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri May 02, 2014 11:58 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Sensing Lumi's apprehension. Omnibus flies over to help with the wolves, for in these woods, a Bus can never be too careful!

:::Magic Attack on Wolf #2
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg